Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

HOw complete is the systems modelling

Guest tcable

I've come into posession of a 744 AOM (all 900+ pages!), a few years out of date, but the point is there and for my purposes all I need.I'm looking over the EICAS secion- in particular the engine display indications and had a few questions-Does the Queen as modelled show the Secondary Engine Exceedence Cue and the inflight start envelope?I've never noticed if the different sources of vibration are shown- FAN, LPT, N2 or BB.Will there be a X-BLD (start) indication if needed?As I read thie AOM, I'm amazed at the sophisticaion of the systems and the level of detail obtainable by the crew for many systems as opposed to maint displays.For ~$250M I can have my own real one (new)!

Just remember that not all 747-400s have all the same options, if we are talking about a Virgin 747 then you could say it is closer to that then another airline config. Baring PS1 there is no 747 that comes this close, just read the real pilot's posts here the last few days.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest tcable

I understand that all are not equal. The AOM is far a SINGLE aircraft, and does not even apply to a series of aircraft.I would expect that these aren to optional items, but art of the standared software for a CF6 equipped 744.

As far as I've seen,No on vibration sources and Sec. Eng. Exc. Cue,Yes on Inflight Start Envelope and X-BLD indication!Best,Martijn

Guest jcomm

Randy,fully agree! Just out of curiosity, apart from Janov, who else in this MB is a real 744 driver?What comments are you referring to?Of course, comming from the PS1 world, I did an incursion again in the MSFS world to try this gourgeous model. It's amazing what they achieved with the game paltform of MSFS! But, I am back for PS1... forever (I believe...) specialy now that we (PS1 users) can now benefit from the best of both wolds... The accuracy in all aspects of the PS1 sim + The visuals of MSFS (the only thing it is really worth of...)

There are a number but I will refrain from naming them without them saying that it is ok to do so. PS1 is great but let us also remember that it has a number of imperfections which by the way some being modelled correctly in the PMDG sim...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

>Randy,>>fully agree! Just out of curiosity, apart from Janov, who else>in this MB is a real 744 driver?>Jon B. Can't remember his last name at the moment. He flys for Virgin Atlantic I believe. Other then them, I'm not sure.