Sign in to follow this  
roland

RealityXP Wx500 in 747

Has anybody managed to retrofit the 747 with RealityXP's weather radar in 2D panel and VC? Strangely enough there is noch such cfg file to be found under user retrofits on Reality's website.Roland

That will be great Heavy Metal - not much use at programming panels:) :)

Great Joe, looking forward to it. You know that in the latest version, which is 5.2. I gather, the bezel can be eliminated for better integration.Roland

Gents-For the record- we've had a couple of folks writing to tech support with some odd and unusual problems in the -400....After a few days of back-and-forth it came to light that they were using modified panel.cfg files to do just as you are suggesting...If you have ANY problems with the 400 after trying this- (i don't care how un-related it might seem!) You must uninstall this thing before asking for assistance....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

How about PMDG and RXP being more pro-active and working together to solve this issue and put the issue to bed. It shouln't take more than a week to create a merge installer.People can then, at their own expense, buy the Reality XP merge addon for PMDG planes if they desire. In this way, both PMDG and Reality XP will both benefit big time and get a lot of interest in the community.A lot of people have wished to for a weather radar.AnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Anthony-Thanks for the proposal- unfortunately it is not nearly so simple.The act of integrating two completely different development processes together as you suggest is not a small task- and requires a significant investment of time and energy from everyone involved.Given what we know and have seen, there is also no guarantee that suitable compatibility is possible.I recognize that it makes me decidedly unpopular to be candid about such things- but there isn't much point to coloring the facts in order to make them prettier either.I do not anticipate that such an endeavor will by undertaken.Sorry-

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest theonlyamrad

I've been posting on the topic of VOR needle problems. As it turns out, on my system the problem is caused by the wx500 gauge. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has wx500 running on the Queen(v.1.1) without problems. I'm not talking about anything elaborate like merges with PMDG's gauges - just the bog standard wx radar display as provided by RealityXP. For anyone trying to merge their gauge with PMDG's panel gauges I can only agree with Robert! It may cause more problems than it's worth.

Guest andyman

I agree with Rob and the other guy with the VOR needle problem.

I have some Windows programming experience.Please keep in mind that as far as process communications between the 737/747 components, this gauge would be a passive component reading only parameters such as the ND range, the ND current gauge size, etc., without the necessity of originating any messages back. The only change might be the activation of the EFIS panel WXR button and a sub-panel for the radar mode, gain, and sensitivity all provided by the gauge designer.The only change to the ND would be the availability of changing the black background to transparent to allow the radar display underlay.Since the device is passive in nature, there should be no compatibility issue.

Guys, these merges are hardly successful, but for some who have tweeked and tweeked and tweeked thay have an 80% working model.See my 737 as an exapmple of the current issues still NOT fixed. I hope people would be more patient in this merge and wait for a more robust merge to be developed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135438.jpgAnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Guest mateysz

so is it possible to have wx500 on 747-400 ND display (as in 737NG)? Has somobody done it? Or is it impossible. The display on 737NG looks great (altough the blue range lines on wx500 coudl be removed) and it would be great to have ito on 747 (and 767 leveld too :) ).

I know there was a way of integrating the Reality XP WX500 weather radar as a separate pop up window in the PMDG 747 panel.cfg and using the WXR button of the PMDG panel to open it and close it.Does any body have this modification ?I had it once and lost it.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440