Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

Full-motion 744 event at Gatwick for PMDG pilots

Guest james320

A brand-new B747-400 full-motion simulator is being installed at the London Gatwick Training Centre in Spring 2006. We'll be using it for our Flight Simulator Experiences for members of the public, with instruction from current BA & Virgin pilots.We're trying to gauge interest in the possibility of running a special day just for PMDG B747-400 'pilots' - at a discounted rate - and before others members of the public get to fly it.We're thinking of running several 2-hour 'shared' sessions, with four spaces available in each (30 mins at the controls) - but there are lots of ways the event could be structured. We're open to suggestions...

Guest glide

Sounds very interesting look forward to hearing moreKav

Excellent news! Shame I'm away in the USA (OK, so I'm actually learning to fly :-lol ) I'd love to have another go at the controls of a big airliner. Its a shame the BA center isn't available for the public as I went on the 777 sim back in 2000, such an amazing experience. Should I register my interest here, or wait for the email? ;)Is the sim a new build or is it being located from somewhere else (ie 2nd hand :-) ) If it is new, I would image that would have some really great visuals!I think a 2 hr shared session sounds a great idea, with 30 mins at the controls. I had a full hour and that went extremely quickly! My mind has gone blank know of ideas, so I'll post again if they return LOL.I don't suppose you know if there are any plans to offer the 777 in the near future or if the Gatwick center plan on installing one?

Alaister Kay

Guest james320

I believe it will be a new-build simulator, and it will be mainly used by Virgin. There is also a brand-new A340-600 coming (probably not of such great interest to PMDG pilots).There are other new simulators on the way in the next year or two. I haven't had confirmation of the types yet but the rumors are B777, B787 and A380.

Looks great! Such a level-d sim is an unbelievable experience.Loooking forwards to the details. B. RgdsMichel

Guest Robin.B

Amazing news! Would be astounding to get in the controls of something that feels like the real thing as well as simulate the systems like the real thing, having never done it before myself.

That would be very cool. I haven't flown in a real sim since my C130 days in the Air Force. Now THAT was a cool sim. Fighters coming after you, bombs, you name it. :-)Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest Boaz

Sounds like a really really good idea!!I hope to hear more information.Boaz...

The prices are available on their website www.virtualaviation.co.uk/funTypically for the usual 1hr shared session your looking at

Alaister Kay

>Is the sim a new build or is it being located from somewhere>else (ie 2nd hand :-) ) If it is new, I would image that would>have some really great visuals!>>Actually from what I've heard, the Visuals on most Level D simulators aren't up to par with MSFS, instead they're more focused on providing acurate flight dymanics and weather simulation. No need for eye candy in professional training. -Lee Barberdvasig.jpg

Guest james320

>Actually from what I've heard, the Visuals on most Level D>simulators aren't up to par with MSFS, instead they're more>focused on providing acurate flight dymanics and weather>simulation. No need for eye candy in professional training. >>-Lee BarberYou're right. The visuals on many of the older full-motion sims are effective but not spectacular, but there's been a huge improvement in the last few years. The new Vital 9 visual system is absolutely incredible and has to be seen to be believed!