Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

Full-motion 744 event at Gatwick for PMDG pilots

Guest james320

>Whats the normal price for 4 people?All the simulators we offer are the same price - and I'm pleased to say that the 747-400 won't cost any more.As a fellow PMDG pilot, I'm planning to make the proposed PMDG a hugely discounted event, with a different format to our standard experiences.Each of the four spaces in a 2-hour shared session (30 mins at the controls for each person) would cost around

Guest andyman

I've flown a brand new MD-90 sim before. The visual system was awesome. Nice terrain with moving cars. You even see the moving tail lights and head lights.

I would definately be interested. I'd fly across the pond to take part in this. Keep us informed.

Paul Gugliotta

I am very interested. Please keep me posted with details of the planned event. RegardsStewartGlasgow, UK

Stewart 

Scotland, UK

"The most important requirement is that all visitors must be aged 12+ and have a valid UK/EU Passport."Will this requirement be waived for the pmdg event?Gary

Guest james320

>"The most important requirement is that all visitors must be>aged 12+ and have a valid UK/EU Passport.">>Will this requirement be waived for the pmdg event?Unfortunately not. It's the training centre's policy (not ours) and they don't make any exceptions. Similar programs in the USA (they exist, but no 747s simulators if I am correct) tend to have an equivalent 'US citizens only' policy.

Guest MidnightMike

>Excellent news! Shame I'm away in the USA (OK, so I'm>actually learning to fly :-lol ) I'd love to have another go>at the controls of a big airliner. Its a shame the BA center>isn't available for the public as I went on the 777 sim back>in 2000, such an amazing experience. Should I register my>interest here, or wait for the email? ;)>>Is the sim a new build or is it being located from somewhere>else (ie 2nd hand :-) ) If it is new, I would image that would>have some really great visuals!>>I think a 2 hr shared session sounds a great idea, with 30>mins at the controls. I had a full hour and that went>extremely quickly! My mind has gone blank know of ideas, so>I'll post again if they return LOL.>>I don't suppose you know if there are any plans to offer the>777 in the near future or if the Gatwick center plan on>installing one?>>As to the Alteon-Gatwick Training Center, there is no plans for a 777 Full Flight Simulator, but, in the future, there will be a 787 simulator!!

Guest MidnightMike

>>"The most important requirement is that all visitors must>be>>aged 12+ and have a valid UK/EU Passport.">>>>Will this requirement be waived for the pmdg event?>>Unfortunately not. It's the training centre's policy (not>ours) and they don't make any exceptions. >>Similar programs in the USA (they exist, but no 747s>simulators if I am correct) tend to have an equivalent 'US>citizens only' policy. We have the same requirements for our Simulator Ride Program, passport, and the same with the age, you don't young people getting thrown around & getting hurt in the simulator...If you have never seen a Full Flight Simulator up close, you are in for a treat!Here is an interior shot of a 717 simulator:alteon1.jpg