Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

Inadvertent Save (Bad nightmare come true)

Gents,I come to you embarrssed and in need of counsel! I inadvertently saved over the Cold & Dark ("CD") scenario when trying to load it from the PMDG menu. So now, when I load the CD, I get a replica panel state from my last flight (argh!). I thought I was loading the CD scenario, but I was (to my horror shortly after) saving over the default CD. As one can imagine, I am really cross with myself, firstly (idiota) and horrified that I will not be able to start a flight from a clean slate.I was wondering if anyone would please instruct me further as to how I can fix this blunder of mine or direct me to an already existing topic that has discussed this issue.Respectfully,Tom JimNew York City

Guest DeAceShooter

Hi Tom,I've uploaded a Cold and Dark panel state file for you.[link removed as it violates PMDG's EULA]Put the file in Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/747400/PanelState.Alternatively, you can start at a gate and run the shutdown checklist followed by the secure checklist and save the panel state.

Dear David,Thank you so much for replying. I just loaded your Cold and Dark panel state. It is back to normal.Your alternate solution is simply perfect. I didn't think of it otherwise, but it is a perfect solution.In appreciation for your assistance, I'll do a flight from Changi to LAX.Thanks for your help sir,Tom

David-I recognize that your intentions were good- but I must point out that posting a copyrighted file that is the intellectual property of PMDG for someone else to download violates our EULA, our intellectual property rights and places you at risk for legal action.I'm making this point strongly here because we are in the process of dragging three poor souls into the legal process for similar infractions and it would be shameful, in my opinion, for us to find ourselves in a position where we had to take action against a fellow "trying to help" as well....(There is a thing in the US legal system called "precedent." If we allow you to get away with it- then we lose our legal right to defend ourselves from others doing it- and we cannot afford to surrender our rights!)So please take that file down and everyone can go back to being happy.... (except those three poor SOB's i mentioned.....No mercy for them in the matter...)Thanks David!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest DeAceShooter

Hello,Sorry, I didn't know that posting a panel state file would be a copyright infringement.File taken down upon request.A quick question, the 747-400 guide by Jared Smith at http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/ also provides the download of the panel state. Is it a similar situation or otherwise?Once again, do accept my heartfelt apologies.

Guest Robin.B

I think since he created that panel state himself by turning off everything in the aircraft and saving it, it wouldn't be illegal to distribute it.

Guest DeAceShooter

I did the same too for my cold and dark panel state. Perhaps it is because of the similar filename to PMDG's shipped cold and dark scenario that the misunderstanding arose.

Guest Andrea

In fact if you distribute an excel (*.xls) file you do not infringe any copyright law and are not legally actionable by Microsoft. It would be different if you copy or distribute in an illegal manner the Excel application software.Andrea