Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyMD11.nl

Some updates for those with a CTD problem.....

try this.uninstall the queen. delete all files left over such as pmdgoptions.dll file in modules, whatever pmdg744 gauges might be left over, delete the panel state in doc and settingsuser nameapplication datamicrosoftfs9aircraftpmdg 747-400panelstate.cfgbut before a reinstall, go to windows explorer, right click on the C drive, select properties, then disk cleanup. let it start and check everything but compress so it removes all setup files and temporary files.THEN try to install the queen and then the patch update.it appears as if the patch update is stored in a temporary folder including your corrupt data in that folder, so it pulls over said corrupt data even if you reinstall the entire game. It is just a theory of mine but give it a try

Alex-One thing I like to ask is for folks to refrain from is speculative comments. ;-)The technology involved with installers now-a-days is dramatically different than it was even just a few years ago. The folks at Installshield are pretty savvy- and they have been quite helpful with installer design.So while certain things my appear to be problematic **in your opinion** I would ask that you understand how it is necessary for me to trust the input from the folks who are recognized leaders in installer design.... They have gotten quite good at it- and they appear to know their business.I think they've earned it my trust and confidence.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

OK But I'm just letting you know, all files that are there when people are having problems are going to be pulled back from the temporary directory whenever you run the installer again. Maybe suggest to have people clear their temporary internet files and installer files via the disk cleanup option if they still run into problems after a complete reinstall. Because a complete reinstall is just your old install all over again.I don't doubt installshield has great programmers, I'm just telling you the way the installer is setup, people will continue to have problems and unless their temp files are deleted, these problems will carry over to their next install.

Guest Boaz

I just bought it again ... Thought it cost more than it did...I recommend if you are more patient than me, to mail Peter. I think he might be helpful.I think you have asked me this before, and I am sorry if I have been slow to reply.I had messed up a lot of things, that got me confused about FSUIPC, had removed files and left others, so I finally figured out that I needed a new code. Since I have none of my earlier order confirmations, I would save the embarrasment and just ordered it again, took me less than 8 hours to get the key!Boaz...

Guest andyman

It's just like a terrible plane crash with the whole CTD thing (what an awful, awful, pun). I'm feeling guilty that i was a surviver of CTD's.... I feel sorry for you guys. BUT..... When i load the the Microsoft Century of flight tribute repaint i get a CTD(at the loader screen). This is what happens when you do anything with Micro$oft.

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Well actually I did exactly as you now suggest. I always cleanout my disk after an install of any kind. So as you can see in a post above from me this was no garantuee that it would solve the problem!Thanks for trying, but I will let PMDG handle it (BTW I can do a reinstall tomorrow (sunday).Remco

Guest Andrea

Yesterday I flew an entire flight using only 2D cockpit without any CTD. My CTDs seem to be related to the spot view or when I change the livery after having loaded the flight (only std PMDG liveries installed). Never happened with the sole PMDG 737 installed.ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboardIntel Pentium 4 processorASUS nVIDIA 6600 GT 128MByte graphis cardWindows XP SP2nVIDIA 81.95 WHQL ForceWare driversFS 9.1Ultimate Traffic 2004FSUIPC licensedPMDG 737-6/7/8/900PMDG 747 1.10 (inst. 1.02 + 1.10 update)Andrea

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Oops oh well.... Maybe sunday (just give a shout if you would like me to try it)I read somewhere else that you should install the 737 series before the 747, is this still true or can you install it afterwards?Remco

>Oops oh well.... Maybe sunday (just give a shout if you would>like me to try it)>>I read somewhere else that you should install the 737 series>before the 747, is this still true or can you install it>afterwards?>>RemcoYou MUST install the 737+all it's updates/addons first!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Buck Bolduc

I didn't have a CTD problem.I did have an overspeed problem after the SU.I re-installed FS9 and the Queen, I thoght re-installing would install the new version, I was wrong. Not only that, I had forgoten to update to FS9.1. I think we are in too much of a hurry sometimes.Deleted al FSUIPC except for the REG/KEY file. Installed Pete's new 3.51.I un-installed the QOS and updated FS9. I re-installed the QOS by itself, no addons. I installed the intrime update and the SU.Reboot.Installed some liveries.NO addons. FS9.1, QOS, thats it.Made a flight from KDFW to KBOS land 33L. No weather.Used step climbs to FL350, I entered FL310 but the FMC entered FL350 by itself? Used VNAV otherwise, no problems. I didn't like the angle of approach to BENNN so I used the heading control to alter my course then LNAV to go back to BENNN, no problems.On approaching BENNN I used FLT Change to get down to 15oo' to capture GS at HULLZ, no problems, perfect landing.Parked at the gate.Pressed "Escape", the dialog box would flash and dissapear?Tried different things would not let me out till I switched off the Flight Director.Regards

Guest Goreb

Hello Chaps! I thought I was the only one! Without access to this forum, I had installed and reinstalled the PMDG 747 so many times that my number of validations expired. I was reduced to emailing "support" and being granted once only permissions to re-install this plane. I have removed most sceneries, add-ons, reinstalled FS2004, spent whole days of valuable time fiddling with my excellent setup (EVERY other plane has ALWAYS worked OK including PMDG 737's, 600,700,800,900 and updates) In my case the CTD happened when attempting to load the 747. The "Airac" white box would appear, followed by a long "WAIT" then CTD!!!!"Support" have now given me a download link to the latest version. I have done the "cleanout" as advised above and installed the 747. So far it WORKS!!!!!!! However, I dare not install any free liveries until this issue is sorted out. Thanks for a great plane but, should not all of this hassle have been discovered by Beta testing BEFORE making the 747 available for purchase? How many other customers out there who do not use this forum are having these dreadful problems? BTW ALL of my software is legitimate, paid for and registered including FSUICP version 3.50. Incidentally, if this is of any help, I did record the dates and times if the PMDG files that you asked for.....PMDG_747400ACS.gau 01/12/2005 19:17PMDG_747400CENTER.gau 01/12/2005 19:17PMDG_747400MAIN.gau 01/12/2005 19:21PMDG_747400OVERHEAD.gau 01/12/2005 19:17PMDG.OPTIONS.dll 01/12/2005 19:16FSUIPC.dll 30/08/2005 12:20Aircraft.cfg 09/12/2005 22:27 Always glad to help! Chocks Away Chaps! Gordon Webb (FSUG-UK member)

Hello,well, I am one of the unlucky ones too. My system is new, an Athlon 64 3500+ on ASUS A8N5X, 1Gb Corsair RAM, Sapphire Radeon X850 XT PE, Win XP Pro.I have some addons installed and am using a virtual drive for FS9 4th CD. FSUIPC registered. I followed your instructions to the letter and FS hangs after a few seconds after loading is complete. Here's a description from Event viewer:The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 518b0850.Datestamps of the files are as follows:PMDG_747400_Main.gau 01/Dec/05 7:21 PMPMDG_747400_Overhead.gau 01/Dec/05 7:17 PMPMDG_747400_Center.gau 01/Dec/05 7:17 PMPMDG_747400_ACS.gau 01/Dec/05 7:17 PMPMDGOptions.DLL 01/Dec/05 7:16 PMFSUIPC.dll 09/Dec/05 10:10 AMAircraft.cfg 10/Dec/05 7:59 PMUPDATE!!! Now this is funny... I tried once more, loaded the default Cessna flight at KSEA, then loaded the B747. When loading was almost complete, I remembered to switch off the sound. I pressed the Q key and the Queen loaded perfectly, engines running! I then changed options to my taste and loaded a Cold&Dark panel state. Still everything was running...Then I turned the sound back on, pressed Ground Power on the overhead panel and poof! FS hanged with the (in)famous message telling me that FS has encountered a problem... it seems to me this IS sound related!?Regards,Jure

Seems like I spoke too soon...now I get crashes as soon as the B747 starts loading the database; turning the sounds off doesn't help. Sorry for any confussion my previous post might have caused.Regards,Jure

Guest WesFlight

Just to put in my 2 cents worth. I was having CTD issues. I followed the above cleaning instructions and my 747 now works. There are a few extra steps I did in addition to the FS cleaning instructions above. First, I am no longer using a no CD patch. I reinstalled FS am completely using the default settings that the game is meant to run under. Now I use the 4th CD. Second, I did not update FSUIPC from the update that came out in the past few days. Therefore, I am running version 3.50 still, and it is registered. Third, I found that by going to the Start bar and clicking on Microsoft Games, then troubleshooting, then clicking on Reset Defaults I am able to reset all options within FS, Ok this one is kind of obvious, but a lot of people forget this is there. I recommend using it. Fourth, I made sure all of my drivers were updated. I found that there was an update for my sound card and I downloaded and installed it. (Although, this is probably not relevent.)Fifth, I am able to fly with both the PMDG livery, add-on liveries from the PMDG site and my own custom paint jobs.Sixth, I had Medal of Honor Pacific Assault installed on my HD. I uninstalled it so the only things running on my machine are Microsoft Office, Flight Sim, Norton Anti-virus, and of course other little programs that come default with the computer. Lastly, in the cleaning instructions included above, where it says to delete any flights including the 747 I did all that, but also deleted all saved flights found under the Flight Simulator folder in My Document. When FS started up after that, it said it was not able to find any flights and it would default to the KSEA and Cessna flight that comes out of the box when first installed. I will include my time and date stamp here incase this helps anybody.Gauge:PMDG_747400_ACS.gau 12/1/2005 7:17PMPMDG_747400_Center.gau 12/1/2005 7:17PMPMDG_747400_Main.gau 12/1/2005 7:21PM (This Time Is Correct)PMDG_747400_Overhead.gau 12/1/2005 7:17PMModules:FSUIPC 8/30/2005 2:20PMPMDGOptions.DLL 12/1/2005 7:16PMAircraft Config File 12/8/2005 6:39PM (On a side not, I added my custom livery/paint to the config file, this probably throws off the date and time stamp.) I am more than willing to help anyone that I can. Also, if PMDG needs or would like any more detailed information on how I resolved my CTD I will be glad to provide it here. Just let me know.

Hi Rob & Team,If you're still looking for guinea pigs, I'm offering as I've experienced the CTD twice and now have completely uninstalled FS and all add-ons. I've only reinstalled FS, FS Patch and the PMDG 747-400.Regards,Bob Lyddy