Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

G/A doesn't maintain 2000ft/min

Hi,I found a new issue. Yesterday I was practicing some CATII and CATIII approaches. When I initiated the GO AROUND and pressed the TO/GA button, the A/P sets GA pitch and sets max. GA thrust which then bust the -2000ft/min climb and accelerates very slowly. (don't worry, I recovered the situation) Then, when I came back for a CATII approach with manual landing I initiated the G/A again only this time I pitched up manualy and the Required GA thrust was set but again the F/D give me a wrong pitch indication so I wasn't able to follow F/D bars. Note: The GA N1 was set to the correct value this time for a 2000ft/min climb but it was just the pitch.The situation was: FAJS airport, ZFW 178806KGs, no wind.Can someone of PMDG explain?Thank you,

Yes, I'd second this request, as I've been experiecing pretty same situation -nearly stalled- because of another airplane crossing the runway just when I was about to touch down.The G/A procedure would be nice further PMDG courses, hehe...:-)

Upon excecution of an autopilot approach/go-around,leave A/P enagedPush TOGASet flaps to "20"Verify GA thrust/setSmoothly ROTATE to 15 degrees (GA initial pitch attitude) then follow F/D guidenceGear up after verified altimeter positive increaseRetract flaps on flaps/speeds [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Randy,You think I know don't know how to execute Missed approach?But just try it. (with A/P engaged)I'm still having troubles.

No that's not why I wrote that as it was not really a reply to your question, only so those who read this know what is the correct procedure ;P Anyways, A/T should maintain 2000ft/min, if it does not then there might be an issue. I will try later on tonight..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest A32X

Flying the procedure Randy describes my 744 will stall.-Paul

Guest kjolsnes

Same here, things started to shake, had to recover manually. But still not sure if I have missed something, which I normally has :-)Kjetil

Beleve me. A missed approach is not something were you can forget some things. Just press the TO/GA button, rotate to GA pitch attitude, select flaps 20 and at possitive rate GEAR UP and retract flaps on schedule. At 400AGL select a ROLL MODE and at 1000 AGL select a pitch mode....that's it.

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

I had to perform my 1st GA yesterday on late final to Rwy 14 Zurich, plane all set-up for a full CatIII landing, at 200ft pressed the GA screw...GA thrust was activated but, for me it was the GA pitch level that I wasn't expecting to be so crazy. The plane just wanted to climb and climb, until the stick shacker rattled and stalled. I had to recover manually to fly out the flight return and land no worries.Where am I going wrong..? Or am I..? It seems that I'm not the only one..?I've tried some of the suggestions listed below, but so far it doesn't solve the adverse pitch attitude..!Many thanks...Pablo Dominguez(Info...auto engaged, GA thrust engaged, MCP dialed in speed 190, heading 138, altitude 4,000)

Guest BAW1085

So on the GA you retract flaps to 20 regardless of speed ??? Final approach speed typical weight after a long haul down to Vref+5 of 140kts ish late go round. Flaps 20 Seems like your asking for trouble.Surely retract on schedule ?? Engines take a little while to spool from what could be holding thrust to GA trust.I'm open to persuasion :-) David Miles