Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Sorry to ask but was this fixed?

Hello guys.Long time no post. So, I was thinking of flying a across the pond tonight using our good friends the NATs and I remebered I was having an issue with entering them in the FMC. Sometimes when I entered a NAT fix such as say N49W050 the FMC accepted it but in the legs page and in the ND instead of getting a fix with those coordinates I got something like N49W052. Now, I don't know if that was only a display issue with the FMC and ND meaning that the aircraft was actually flying over the correct coordinates (N49W050) and displaying wrong numbers in the right place; or if the coordinates were really off and the plane was flying many miles offset from where I wanted it to. Either way I realy don;t care as long as it was fixed. That's why I'm asking. Was it?Cheers and merry xmas allBest Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Yo can either input on the ROUTE page NAT known waypoint like 5120N,5230N etc.., or, in the LEGS pages free coordinates writen like N5120.1W02000.1I did a flight recently and used the custom waypoint, much faster than typing all the coordinates in the LEGS page.To answer your question, the display read inded 5120N and so on.Hope this helps.

Thanks Arnaud. I did not know you could input coordinates directly in the route page in such fashion. I was inputting them via the LEGS page using the folowwing format: N00W000 and that is when display issues arose sporadically. I will try it your way but still I feel this should be looked into. Anyway, I will try to have a go at a long flight tonight and try it my way and see what gives. Thanks for the replyBest Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest mao1968

for those using waypoints outside established routes this is how you enter the latitude/longitude waypoints for fixed waypoints that are in the database.N50W040 enter as 5040NN75W170 enter as 75N70N50E20 enter as 5020ENO6E110 enter as 06E10S52W075 enter as 5275WS07W120 enter as 07W20S50E020 enter as 5020SS06E110 enter as 06S10kind of difficult to memorize just write a post it with the examples cheersMauricio