Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robin.B

Heathrow Error!

Guest Robin.B

Hello to all the Queen flyers.Yesterday I fancied doing a short EGLL Heathrow to EDDF Frankfurt in the 747-400. I had the SU1 update, AIRAC 0512 and the SID/STAR database from PMDG's website installed. Whilst programming the FMC, I entered EGLL in the Departure airport section, and was immediately greeted by a "RWY 05 err" message. From then on there were no runways or SIDs available for EGLL. Is this a problem with the AIRAC or the SID/STAR file and how would I be able to fix it?

Guest Zapem

Yes there is a error in the standard SID/STAR fil for EGLL.Drop by WWW.NAVDATA.AT and download the newest one then you problem should be fixed.

Guest stockerharris

Robin,Try going to navdata > SID/STAR > Download (small blue pint on left).Change available addons to "PMDG 737NG" and then stored airports to "EGLL".Select version 10 by Simon Butler and download it.Put it in your Flight Simulator 9PDMGSIDSTARS file.Runway 05/23 doesn't exist any longer.David.

Guest jgreth123

One caution about navdata.at ... it's not always current.Go to www.planepath.com and get the procedures for all your addons there.They are always current and functional.

Guest afluhart

Basically there is an issue from what the new navdata.at information is and what is in your sid/stars folder... You sid/star is requesting a runway that is no longer available or has recently changed in the navdat... All you have to do is go to you sid/star folder find the heathrow icao and open with notepad and edit the runway information to match whatever changes were made in the navdata.

>One caution about navdata.at ... it's not always current.>>Go to www.planepath.com and get the procedures for all your>addons there.>>They are always current and functional.>What use are these procedures when they dont include two of the largest airports in the UK, namely EGLL and EGKK. These procedures seem to be great for US airports but not to good for European ones.Drayton

Hello JeffI agree not all procedures are updated but many authors work hard to keep their files at Navdata up to date.You will find my UK files are kept current for most of the time I am able to.Simon Butler