Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Go Flight's MCP PRO

Guest gremel

Will the newly released version of the Go Flight MCP PRO work with the PMDG 737NG 600 thru 900 series? noullet

Guest gremel

Disregard my last post...I found the answer to my question on the GoFlight forum today and it firmly states the following:"noit will not work with PMDG productsyou can use fsuipc to enable the knobs to move but the digital displays will not work, they can not be interfaced.thats why i did not purchase the mcp pro (it looks great though)however this will work with LVLD767 and also with Feelthere 737-300 and later to be released 777 from Wilcopub"Regards anyways & wish it could be resolved because this item looks pretty good. That and a reasonably priced and realistic yoke, throttle, & rudder pedals would make the ideal Christmas present..noullet

Come on PMDG lets make it happen! Uma...Oprah...Uma...Oprah...Oprah..UmaHere's a phone number 503-207-5517... :) ...a web link..http://www.goflightinc.com/order/index.phpGoflight has got to be the biggest suppliers of hobby specialty hardware controllers...get one...Borrow one. With all respect, I know both parties are very very busy(and that's much appreciated)...but geesh...Works with LeveD BTW ;)DannyCZBB http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135846.jpg

GoFlight has promised us a couple MCP Pro units to program. As soon as they are available to us, we'll work on making a dedicated interface for them. (Same deal as with other hardware: The interface will be available for sale through our web site).Until that happens, we can't work on it.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

Lefteris,An easy fix (perhaps easy for you to program)All that's required on your part is to make it so that when changes are made to parameters like MCP heading, course, speed, altitude and VS they update the FS9 registers for these values. Even if you've got your own autopilot, if you keep the FS9 values in sync go-flight will read them. That takes care of the output to the displays.I discovered that if I change the heading on the MCP, my go-flight GF-46 will display it, but not course, speed, altitude, or VS.As far as the INPUT goes, that's easily handled by FSUIPC.So while a specific module would be great, there is a (hopefully) easier way.Best wishes,

Tim-I appreciate your advice. Unfortunately, things are not as simple as that. We cannot in good faith be giving people software for something we have not internally tested.Doyle Nickless has already promised a couple test units, so we shall see what comes out of it.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

I understand. I was just suggesting that instead of trying to write an interface to Go-flight, you write an interface to FS9, which would be something you could test without hardware. Was trying to help you stay out of the interfacing business (unless of course that's a business you want to be in), since go-flight states that their displays will show the data from the FS9 values.When you do future development work, I think the two most important things for those of us who use extensive external hardware are:Make sure every function can be mapped to a keystroke, or expose them to FSUIPC. That allows us to use FSUIPC as our interface to drive the PMDG with our hardware. You guys have done very well with this so far - I've got an XKeys pro board that runs most PMDG functions, and now I just need to buy some RP48 modules or the MCP Pro (which is too much money IMHO) to drive the MCP knobs. I suspect that I'll have to buy a bigger XKeys board to drive the 744.Make sure that even if you do write your own autopilot/transponder/radios, etc, that you "echo" the values of those systems to FS9. That will let us drive our displays using the software already bundled with the system. Right now the COURSE 1 data echos out as the OBS1 value and COURSE value in Fs9, but heading, altitude, IAS/MACH, and Vspeed do not.Anyhow, no complaints at all - I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate this season) and looking forward to more great products in the new year.PS - No Kidding - I'd pay full price for a 737 built with all the lessons you've learned. Since the 737 is (in my opinion) the jet equivalent of the DC3, a true classic, there will be a need for them for a long time to come.

Guest dickwu

Hi Tim,If I were a developer and I knew my products were popular, I would...stay away from touching all the default flags and registrieswrite the code using my own proprietary methodsnow, I can choose whatever partner I want to align with, write a compatibility module for them, even thought sometimes it can be as simple as several statements. After that, I can.. sell it, it will be a stunning product, and everyone welcomes, because it is so amazing that two sophisticate products can finally work together......Yah.. It is not as simple as echoing several values to public areas such that everyone can access and manipulate with.... there are lots of testings and philosophies inside....Dick

If this will work with PMDG I know I will be ordering one!!!-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

good point. But with so many approaches to add-on hardware out there, I might not want to be in the position of picking and choosing which ones to support, and keeping up to date as they change. In that case, writing and selling a module like I described could be a "universal" fix, and then it leaves the troubleshooting and support headaches to the vendors of the hardware.As you say, it's a question of what the business model (or philosphy) is. There are multiple ways to defur a feline.Best wishes,