Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

VECTOR

Hi,I don't know if I have this issue only but today I was doing some circuits around FAJS and before departure I entered the SID, STAR and IAP. In that STAR is a VECTOR waypoint. When I selected the ZFW in the PERF INIT page and the CI, I then selected my crz alt and the ZFW dissapeared together with the CI. I tried this several times and everytime it happend. Then I deleted the VECTOR waypoint (I thought already that that could be the problem) and everything went fine.Bottom line: Is this a issue or is it something I just discovered?Thanks,PS. PMDG, could you also give me an answer to my Missed approach problem: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...95805&mode=full

Hi Ramon,The FMC in the 744 doesn't handle the VECTORS command like the FMC in the 737NG. The 744 will just attempt to fly to the next waypoint in the flightplan after reaching the point where you would expect the autopilot to hold its present heading, speed, and altitude awaiting further input from you as to where ATC wants the aircraft to proceed. It's mentioned in the last three paragraphs of the FMC manual that the FMC can't digest the VECTORS command in a SID during takeoff, however, I find it's unable to handle it at any time.I looked at the SIDSTAR file for FAJS and noticed there were no approach procedures listed. This may have caused your problem as the FMC would then not have a waypoint to proceed to after passing the VECTORS portion of the plan, or there may have been a route discontinuity that needed to be closed. Jimhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Best thing to do is remove the VECTORS command from the SID/STAR file for the time being... This will get fixed in a future update, but it's a rather involved piece of code in the FMC that will take a lot of time and testing to fix.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I second that, and you can simply DIR TO to avoid this if not wanting to mess with procedure files...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest tmetzinger

>Best thing to do is remove the VECTORS command from the>SID/STAR file for the time being... This will get fixed in a>future update, but it's a rather involved piece of code in the>FMC that will take a lot of time and testing to fix.It's a highly recommended procedure when programming a route to check the LEGS page when you're done - particularly when using a SID. Depending on the situation, you may have an "illegal" turn, a VECTOR waypoint, or other problem that can cause a route DISCO and you may not notice it unless you check the LEGS page.Unless you're flying online and will have ATC to give you vectors, it's always a good idea to remove a VECTOR waypoint and do whatever you need to to close the disco between the end of the SID and the start of your enroute phase.