Sign in to follow this  
Guest nicoet

Some question about FMC

Guest nicoet

Hello,I have some questions about the use of the FMC. Usually when i take off i do a "manually" one, i mean whith the autopilot with a/t on and in FL CH. I tried to do an automatic TO in Vnav mode but the autopilot goes directly to 250KT and don't respect the restriction speed for the flaps. Is it possible that the autopilot respect those restrictions in Vnav mode take off?For long trip i would like to have step climb but i don't know how to do it. I think that there is an automatic way and a manual? Can someone explain me how to do it please?For arrival i would like to change my speed in the FMC that are all at 250KT. I tried many ways but i can't find the solution!!! :-(Thank you very much all for your helpSee u

Guest nicoet

sorry i forgot my name Nicolas

Dear Nicholas,During T/O the flight director / AP receives data input from the MCP speed setting...NOT the FMC. You must set this to V2.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Sorry forgot the second question.You cannot edit the transition altitude line (L3) in this plane. You can only delete it -- then you cannot get it back. Here is a work around : delete the transition altitude entry. Enter 250/10000 in the restriction altitude line (line 4 in VNAV DES page). That will do the trick.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest D17S

For your Vnav over-speed, also make sure the autothrottle is engaged. Vnav needs its pal autothrottle, or it will cause all sorts of mischief. Over speed is a prime symptom of Vnav used with a disconnected autothrottle. Anytime you have Vnav engaged, it