Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian H

Installation Problems

Guest Ian H

Hi Firstly, many congrats on an awesome product. I have seen the Queen on a work mates PC and bought it myself. Regretably I have run into a problem with the installer.My situation is that I have 2 installations of FSCOF on my PC; one is setup to fly golden wings back in the 1930'sThe other is the main installation that I fly current timeframe aircraft.As per the instructions, I change the instal path from C:program filesfs9 etc etc (golden wings)To.. d:fs9 ( current time)However, as the install engine fires up it installs to the c drive.I have uninstalled, then reinstalled to double check I had altered the path on my first attempt. This second install also went straight for my c drive.The drive letters are seperate physical drives, NOT partitions of 1 drive.Can I allow the installer to install to c drive then cut and paste the files over ??I only bought the download about an hour ago, and am very keen to get flying.Many thanks for any help you can give.Ian HProud member of Knight Air.

Guest petejohno

I have the much the same problem as Ian - my fs9 is g/games/flight simulator 9 but when I install the update it creates a g/flight simulator 9 folder and puts the update in there. I also have a g/flight simulator 9 backup file with a back up of the original program but it leaves this alone. any suggestions ?

Guest Ian H

Since no official responce has been forthcoming I am going to delete the files it created off my c drive and fly something else.Hoping to get a reply sometime today.IanProud member of Knight Air.

Ian,Why don't you just email PMDG direct with the issue on support@

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ian,You really are running a short fuse, aren't you?You post here and two hours later your complaining that know one is listening.I am running FS9 on my 'D' drive also but, I don't have another FS9 on my 'C' drive. This would cause more conflicts than anyone would want!When you run the installer 'Browse' to the drive you want it installed on. If you flick through the installation too quick the installer will always look for the last used installation destination. It will also go for the default location as do most installers.So, take a pill and a 'cuppa' calm yourself down and follow my instructions and remember that, the support team was still in bed when you first posted.This advice comes from another Knight Air pilot. Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Ian H

Ok Dave since you clearly cant read the #### posting date properly I think perhaps you should turn in your Knight Air wings until you get some new glasses. (subtle hint......... 26 hours past between post 1 and post 2......)On a more serious note, I have finished tweaking my installation and it flys well.Oh and I enjoy the diversity FS offers me. Golden Wings. Centurty of Flight, and now Silver wings. All different era's to play with.The annoying thing is the installer refusing to place the files where you tell it :-)Ian HProud member of Knight Air.

Guest Ian H

>Ian,>>Why don't you just email PMDG direct with the issue on>support@>Yes I did that too, but was hoping some other user had perhaps sorted a work-a-round.Ian HProud member of Knight Air.