Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Thrust reverse help

Hi everyone, I need some help (again haha). yesterday I was on finals with the 744 PW, at 500 feet I disconnected AP via the white switch, and AT via the small switch on the MCP. I landed, spoilers deployed, but I could not apply reverse thrust, it woul engage for less than a second, and idle again, so I had to come to a stop just with the brakes. Again, what am I doing wrong? :DJavier Alfonso

Guest andyman

Make sure your joystick idle is idled. Then hit F1 to idle the plane completely and reverse with F2.

If that doesn't work, set up a small throttle "dead spot" in your joystick calibration.Re-calibrate your joystick/yoke and when you are asked to move the throttle to the idle position, set it slightly open (ie. not fully closed).

John

Guest AJ

Make sure that engine nacelle heat is turned off. I had a simmilar issue becasue of this just recently. I do not know if it is realistic or not, but turning off the heat solved the problem.Andrew

Guest jgreth123

Basically what they said.Your throttle is 'noisy'... basically not telling the game it's at idle, so your joystick is constantly broadcasting a position above idle to the game.Re-calibrate your joystick or use null zones to fix it.A null zone is a basically an area of the total movement of the axis that will report nothing to the game. If your null zone was 1/4 ( just an example ) of the slider, then the first 1/4 of your joystick movement would not report anything to the game.The interface in FS9 is okay, but if you haven't already done so, purchase a registered copy for FSUIPC and you can fully customize your null zones on not just both ends of the joystick, but in the middle too ;) It's truly amazing!I hope this helps.

>Hi everyone, I need some help (again haha). yesterday I was>on finals with the 744 PW, at 500 feet I disconnected AP via>the white switch, and AT via the small switch on the MCP. I>landed, spoilers deployed, but I could not apply reverse>thrust, it woul engage for less than a second, and idle again,>so I had to come to a stop just with the brakes. Again, what>am I doing wrong? :D>>Javier AlfonsoHaving NAI turned on caused this issue. If you turn it off prior to landing, or don't turn it on at all, it should be fine. It's a known issue with PMDG.- John