Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Nosewheel steering

Apologies if this has been covered previously.I searched the forum and tried finding a reference in the manual.I must have missed something, but when I taxi out using the rudder keys, then centre the rudder to straighten out, SPOT view shows the nosewheel still turned to one side. Ie., the rudder centres but the nosewheel doesn't.I have a feeling this is going to be a DOH! situation, but I 'm asking anyway.:-hahThanks.

John

Guest AJ

I have not observed this behavior personally. Let's try some very basic trouble shooting. 1. Does this happen every time you fly, or sporadically?2. Is this a purely visual effect, or does it affect the actual direction of travel on the ground?3. Make sure that rudder coordination is turned off in FS2004.4. Make sure that all hydraulics systems are powered and set according to the manual.5. Make sure that the yaw damper is on (this may not affect the 744, but I have seen it case similar issues on other add-on aircraft). 6. Verify that this is not happening with other add-on/default aircraft.7. If all else fails, try uninstalling/reinstalling the aircraft.Andrew

Thank you Andrew.Will try this evening (I'm at work at the moment).I can tell you the the aircraft does straighten out even though, in SPOT view, the nosewheel is turned at about 20 degrees.

John

I never looked before but mine does trhe opposite - the aircraft turns beautifully (one of the best) but the nosewheel stays straight ahead.

Guest kame

In my case, nose wheels are steered cordinate with the rudder in slow running of the aircraft but are fixed straight regardless of the rudder in the stay.I take off my hat to PMDG, again,Kan-ichiro Fushihara