Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

Can't start engines??!!??

Guest Callmecapt

From a cold and dark cockpit, the engines, for some reason, won't start. Here are my steps barring all FMC programming.Cold and dark cockpit.Battery switch-onStandby power-AutoAPU-startAPU spools up and when ready, turn on Generators by pushing the gen switches.Packs offAPU bleed air onPull the engine start switches-nothing happensAm I missing a step somewhere. All fuel pumps are on and fuel cutoff switches are on.I followed the checklist as well and still no joy.Goran

Guest Robin.B

May I ask a screenshot of your overhead panel?

make sure cont. ignition is on and that the fuel control switches are on, too. also activate the autostart switch, if you are having trouble.regards

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest AJ

Electrical bus tie switches - AutoGen Cont switches - onHydraulic demand pumps - all off (#4 set to aux)Hydraulic engine demand pumps - all on.Autostart - on (assuming you are using autostart)Andrew

Guest Callmecapt
Guest Ian H

This might sound really really dumb but................Have you got any fuel onboard ?My cold and dark cockpit when I first imstalled the plane had nada fuel till I set up the tanks using the PMDG section in the FS menu.Ian HProud member of Knight Air.

Guest Callmecapt

Yep. definitely have fuel. One time I remember I tried a start and after almost an hour of frustration, found out I had no fuel. 255,000 lbs on board.Goran

Yep - turn the four engine bleeds on and ensure that the fuel switches for the engines you're starting are in the RUN position.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I too have had this problem after the patch. Everything used to work fine, so I'm scratching my head as well. By the way, why would having the four engine bleeds on make any difference? The engines aren't turning, so they're not supplying bleed air.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Guest Callmecapt

That's what I thought. Engine bleeds come on AFTER engine start, yes?APU bleed air is needed to turn the engines over and that is on in my screenshots.I'll try it again with engine bleeds on and see what happens.Edit:Ok, engine bleeds need to be on for engine start. I always thought only the APU bleed was needed and engne bleed comes on AFTER engine start.Oh well, all is good now.Thanks for the help, guys.Much appreciated.Goran

>That's what I thought. Engine bleeds come on AFTER engine>start, yes?>APU bleed air is needed to turn the engines over and that is>on in my screenshots.>I'll try it again with engine bleeds on and see what happens.>According to the 744 checklist I have, and the PMDG manual, the engine bleeds come on before engine start, not after.

Guest AJ

Hydraulic demand pumps 1-3 should be in the "off" position.Hydraulic engine pumps 1-4 should be in the "on" position.You have it the other way around.Andrew