Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

Can't start engines??!!??

Hello Goran:If I remember correctly (and it's been many years since I've worked on this airplane), many systems are powered to the "off" position. Engine hydraulic pumps, for example, have a solenoid that, when powered, will actually turn the pump off. It's generally a bad idea to turn these switches off because that means you are applying power to the solenoid, thus reducing its lifespan. What I cannot recall now, is if the engine bleeds are also such a system (or whether they just consist of valves that are powered only while they're moving). Regardless, I have not seen a normal procedure that calls for turning them off, so I presume it's ok to just leave them on all the time.Regards,Walter Meier - KPDX

Walter Meier

Guest capntom

What we need to see here is the bleed air synoptic to see if (1) the engines are getting air (2) APU and bleed switches are all on. Only one pack should be on. Autostart automatically provides engine ignition, no need to turn continious ignition on, your switches were in the proper position for this.Sound like air is not getting to the engines, no rotation at all?

Guest sailingwill

Sorry to see your having trouble! It is a little frustrating I know.... I can't help but notice you are sitting on the runway! It won't stop you or help you get your engines going, but sure might make the ATC go nuts!