Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

So whaddya think about FS2004?

Guest Pardue802

Okay, I know it's superficial, but here goes. It seems like MS likes to show off technologies in one release, and perfect them in the next. So for FS2004 I'm looking for Autogen to look much more realistic and seem as though it actually sits on the ground. I'm also looking, hoping, and praying for, all of the aircraft to be updated to have photorealistic textures, virtual cockpits (I'd kill for my Mooney to have a VC :-( )I'd also love to see MS put a lot more effort into the weather formatting, now that the scenery is finally good enough for VFR. There's something mythical about watching a thunderstorm in its fury, and something emotionally moving about a full on view of mother nature's clouds against the immense sky. Maybe model full on frontal systems and the like. They could pull more detailed weather info off of the net, such as radar of cloud/precip coverage and more accurate data for more spots and more smooth transitions. NO MORE FLAT CLOUDS!!! ;-)Married with that, I'd love basic, but functioning, weather radar in some aircraft. FS2000 saw the GPS, maybe now we'll get one step further. I loved this little perk in Fly!, too bad it never really took off, as it were. Comments, ideas?Thanks!Kenneth

What are they replacing it with???

Guest Paul_W

>and something emotionally moving >about a full on view of mother nature's clouds against the >immense sky.No doubt.

Kenneth, Acutally you get some point right, autogen, scenery, weather, should be better, specialy the weather engine, but, the peformance is an issue and they have to deal with it, exemple, in the actual fs2k2 when you add clouds the fps will drop, if you cloud density is at full, your fps will drop etc.. Actually you can have extremely realistic clouds in fs2k2 better than cfs3,but you will have a 7 fps drop, It is not easy like thats. For fs2004 the cpu/video card system will be better , so they will have more space to works. I will be happy if only they change some thing in the weather system, realistic rain, snow, lighting bold, far clouds, true volumetric clouds, no more cutting high level clouds, all clouds types available, realistic fog. The only ways is to wait. They will have to works hard to recreate thats.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about for some clouds and convective activity! :7 Give me something that truly makes me want to deviate around it! Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

From what I've heard another confirmed feature will be the elimination of the 2D panel. It's all VC's with intuitive zooming panning from here! Click on an instrument hotspot and your view zooms and moves to it just as if you'd moved your head to look at it closely. I cannot WAIT to see a 767PIC level addon done this way, it's going to be incredible...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>From what I've heard another confirmed feature will be the >elimination of the 2D panel. It's all VC's with intuitive >zooming panning from here! In my opinion that would be a bad move. I flew in an airline's full motion 737 simulator, and it looked much more like the 2D panel in FS2k2 than the 3D ones. If I flew with my face pressed up against the monitor, it might be different.For God sakes, Microsoft, fix the ATC problems, and make the flight dynamics better (and more transparent for 3rd party developers).

ugcx_banner.png

Guest m3pimpin

I agree with each and everyone of you. You got the flight dynamics and weather down, no i would actually like to see some moving people in the cabin, sitting down, im not asking for too much, hehe, but at least move arms, and heads, some pilots, and copilots and some nice flight attendants :). I dont know about everyone else thats my opinion. The flight dynamics have to be really good for me also, im big on flight dynamics but some moving people, cargo loaders, fuel loaders, etc. Maybe its too much to ask? Id love to see people coming from the terminal and getting boarded onto their flight, but right now we can only dream. Maybe its too much to ask? hehe. Better AI but PAI has that covered already :). Also when playing multiplayer can we not see the other person's aircraft floating around, and they should come up with something that would allow us to see the other person's aircraft without having it. Thanx Flight dynamics matter to me most, and scenery but just thought i'd add to the little things that would make me a more happier simmer. Thanks :) Pedro ;-) Homebase: KEWR

These are all great suggestions! I'd like to add a few. I'm sure it falls under the category of flight dynamics, but I wish airplanes would spin if not recovered properly from a stall. Also, I'd like to have a tug push me back at the gate, with communication to the driver. Did somebody mention better weather yet? :( Among many other ATC things, I wish they would tell me no sometimes (Remain Clear of the Bravo Airspace), and let me ask for direct routings, but that is what Vatsim is for I guess.Just rambling....-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Guest GabrielR

Even though sometimes I'm about to hate MS for some bugs and deficiencies (specially in the Flight dynamics department), but I just have to say that looking at the overall picture, MSFS2002 has been a great step forward in this kind of software, I recall the first time when I Installed the sim, I was amazed by the minor details, that now look very familiar, the VCs, AI traffic, I still remember when I received my first clearance to take off!, even the reflections in the AC seemed to me the top of the line at that moment, of course, 24 hours later, I was thinking about was has to be enhanced for the next version. ;-)I am sure that FS 2004 will be amazing, Major enhancements must be achieved, however, this type of software will never be as real as we would like to. In the end that's what this hobby is all about, the ability to evolve, to change, to progress.My personal wish, ATC flexibility and above all the possibility to Interact with the systems in flight, fuel management, electrical and hydraulic management, etc.

Well, I totally agree with EVERYone of you. Just some (very few) additions from my 9 pages long wish list which I sent to MS some months ago... FS2K4 should have MUCH improved panels, maybe even in PSS style or even better. The systems variety is just too tiny, even the autopilot has no difference between a C172 and a B747. Then, I hate the force feedback, that could be better. Airports: Now they have taxiway centerlines, but they seem having forgotten green lights on them... Moving vehicles, working gates, pushback trucks. Improved failure management... More "I" to the "AI" traffic ;-)... Oh my god, yea that letter was REALLY huge... :-) They even answered although they said on their site 'we cannot respond to individual messages'... :-hahRegards :-wavehttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpg