Sign in to follow this  
Guest neeraj.pendse

Anyone know anyone in Cathay Pacific (RW)?

Guest neeraj.pendse

I have never jumpseated. I really really want to. I am going to take a couple of LONG CX flights next week ... how can I get at least some access to the cockpit? I have an FAA Private Pilot's License.- Neeraj

I recently flew on a Air Newzealand B747-400, and asked an FA and his response was (in a friendly voice)no way, those days are over now mate.. Sorry. But you have nothing to lose by asking them as I did.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Apparently Lufhansa will sometimes allow people up front on the flight deck on long haul flights. From what I have heard from SAA captians, they have spoken to Lushansa staff and it does happen only outside USA and Europe. Apparently federal laws prohibit visits in the USA and EU jurisdiction, but not in some other regions of the world where these stringent laws don't exist. In most cases, these restrictions are company-set.According to a SAA 747 captain I met from Durban, kids are usually preferred, as they pose little risk. The crew realise that most of them got the desire to be commercial pilots when they were allowed up in the cockpit when they were young.There usually isn't much problem to organise with a senior flight attendant to ask permission to visit the flight deck after landing. They usually go to the capatain and ask on your behalf. In my case, they have sometimes made announcements over the PA system calling for me to come forward before the rest of the passenger disembark, leaving me time up front till the last people leave the plane.Don;t forget to take a camera, or better still a vidoe cam.How about other people telling us here if they know of other airlines allowing people still?AnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Guest neeraj.pendse

Hm,Nice tips. I wonder if they will ever accept you if you are willing to stay there with your hands and feet tied. Or if there is an OFFICIAL process to do this, for example if I have a security clearance for Ramp Access to an US international airport (which the DoHS grants after fingerprinting and b/g check), perhaps?- Neeraj