Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Problem with AT on 737-NG

Hello Everyone:I am having a problem with the AT on the 737-NG. Specifically, I cannot arm / disarm the AT with a button I've mapped on my joystick (CH USB Yoke, button 1 -- the button on the front of left handle.)I've got the button mapped to CTRL-R, which is what the PMDG keyboard settings thing says is used for the AT arm / disarm switch. I can't seem to get it to work... Changing the "repeat rate" in FS' Keyboard Commands window doesn't do anything. The keyboard command (CTRL-R) works fine, it's just the button on the controller doesn't work.I've tried using different buttons on the controller, but that doesn't work either. Any ideas?Thanks - all help is appreciated.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Have you tried mapping it to your joystick via the FSUIPC module (assuming you have a registered copy...)?

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello Everyone:>>I am having a problem with the AT on the 737-NG. Specifically,>I cannot arm / disarm the AT with a button I've mapped on my>joystick (CH USB Yoke, button 1 -- the button on the front of>left handle.)>>I've got the button mapped to CTRL-R, which is what the PMDG>keyboard settings thing says is used for the AT arm / disarm>switch. >>I can't seem to get it to work... Changing the "repeat rate">in FS' Keyboard Commands window doesn't do anything. The>keyboard command (CTRL-R) works fine, it's just the button on>the controller doesn't work.>>I've tried using different buttons on the controller, but that>doesn't work either. Any ideas?>>Thanks - all help is appreciated.When you say it's mapped to CTRL+R, how are you mapping it.The ONLY ways to have a button generate a keystroke is to use third party software like the CH control manager or a registered copy of FSUIPC. FS9 may let you map a button to the autothrottle control, which is also triggered by CTRL+R, but that does not make the button generate a key stroke.If you want some hints on making external controls do what you want in PMDG, there's a short article on my website. http://www.metzair.com/download/ExternalControls.pdfBest Wishes

Sorry I wasn't too sepecific...I don't have a registered copy of FSUPIC (probably should get one). What I've done (for now) is:1: Went to the Options - assignments part of FS 2: On the "buttons / keys tab" I went down to find AT arm / disarm (something like that)3: I saw that this option was using CTRL-R, so I assumed that I could just add a joystick assignment to this item.4: I clicked "change assignment" and then pushed the button on my controller.5: FS detected the input and appeared to assign the button to the AT arm / disarm option.Problem is, when I go to use it, it doesn't appear to do anything, but the keyboard command (CTRL-R) does work.Hope that helps

Dan-I think I know what your problem is:You are assigning a key command to the default MSFS autothrottle command. That's not used in the 737NG - rather, you should open the PMDG menu and assign a key command to the 737NG A/T arm command.See if that works!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks for the reply lefteris. I saw that option on the PMDG menu; is there a way to assign a joystick key to this command? Do I just push the joystick button while I have the A/T command selected?It's not a big deal, I just thought it would be nice to push a button on my controller rather than having to fiddle with the keyboard (or mouse) during the approach. :)