Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom C.

Nav Lights after update?

Guest Tom C.

Sorry if this has been posted before but after a seach here I couldn't find anything on it.Could the animated winglets from the update have anything to do with the fact that no matter what model I use now has no Nav lights on the wing tips?Love the idea of deleteing them for use as a Domestic 744 but I would also like to see the nav lights working aswell.Currently on a flight from EDDF-WSSS somewhere over the Ukraine in total darkness and only strobes, beacon and logo light to guide the way. LOLGreat work on the update guys and I hope I'm not being too picky on details. This is the only problem I've had so far apart from my own stupidity.

Guest WesFlight

I have also updated the 747 and my NAV light work just fine. How do you turn your nav lights on? Are you using the overhead panel or are you using the default keys on the keyboard. I have found that pressing keyboard keys does not secessarily make all the lights work. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Guest Tom C.

Thanks for the reply Wes.I probably don't know the default keyboard keys for lights at tihs atage. Everything is done using the set-up that comes with whatever payware plane I get, ie. here I use the overhead switches.I thought first it was one particular paint that I installed but I'm using the Lufthansa Star Alliance paint by Yochai Mossi thast I know for definate worked before I updated the program.Still not sure but I had suspected it was the animated wingtips.Hopefully some others might know of something.Again thanks for the reply.

Guest Tom C.

As a further update, I've also just noticed that there is no working lights in the cabin although they are lighting up the upper cabin in VC view, they don't appear from the windows in spot view.I'm now thinking something in the Aircraft CFG as the Nav and interior lights always seem to be on the same switch, ie when you turn on the Nav lights as preperation of the cockpit, the interior lights also come on at the same time in spot view.PMDG team, any ideas? If needs be I will post my CFG here or send to one of you.Come to think of it, this problem its just been the CF6 version I've flown so far since upgrade, ANA, KLM and now Lufthansa, so I'm not sure about it being all models. Although that shouldnt affect the CFG with different engine makes like that?

Guest WesFlight

Hi again. I am still puzzled why this is happening, but I will try to help you. I am posting the parts of the aircraft.cfg file that have to do with the lights and electrical systems. Check to see if yours are the same. If they are not, you probably need to add the lines that are missing. I will load the livery you said you were using and see if it is that. You never know. [electrical] ;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0avionics_bus = 0, 5 , 17.0avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0[LIGHTS]light.0 = 3, -225.500, -0.50, 4.745, fx_navwhih, //Position Aftlight.1 = 2, -225.500, 0.50, 4.745, fx_strobeh, //Strobe Aftlight.2 = 1, -33.596, 0.00, 14.868, fx_pmdg744_beacon, //Beacon Toplight.3 = 1, -86.149, 0.00, -11.735, fx_pmdg744_beacon, //Beacon Bottomlight.4 = 9, -210.149, 8.00, 35.117, fx_pmdg744_logo, //Logo Rightlight.5 = 9, -210.149, -8.00, 35.117, fx_pmdg744_logo, //Logo Leftlight.6 = 8, -77.000, 26.00, -4.000, fx_pmdgwinglight, //Wing Rightlight.7 = 8, -77.000, -26.00, -4.000, fx_pmdgwinglight, //Wing Left

Guest Tom C.

Hiya Wes.Just checked that cfg, and its all the same as yours. Also checked to see if I had any pics saved of the same livery and I do. Yes the Nav lights are working in it.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135784.jpgRightly confused now, so decided to pick 2 shots off that 13 hour flight I did to show what I mean. I just changed background light levels in photoshop to make things a little clearer.First shot showing strobes working, beacon also works just not caught in this shot. Nav or Interior lights not showing.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135782.jpgThis shot shows all lights on when in landing config but Nav lights still not working!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135783.jpgI know this is a small issue for the team so its not a priority to them or myself, just would like to see if this is a problem with my own set-up or is it a general problem.I know the lights were working before the update and will post mroe pics if necessary.Just in case its a problem, here are my current system specs, although most of it will be replaced at christmas.CPU : AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 512KB cacheMotherboard : Abit AV8Video : nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MBRAM : TwinMOS PC3200DDR-DIMM 1024MB Dual Pack Kit w/two matched PC3200 DDR DIMMsDisplay Resolution : 1024x768x32Thanks for any help and advice.

Guest WesFlight

Thats interesting. I am going to do some testing to see if I can cause the nav lights to work. I'll let you know what I find. Also, looking at your FS shots it looks like your landing lights and wing lights are also not workings. The white light that appears on the side of the aircraft is part of the alpha texture and technically not actually the landing lights. Do your taxi, wing, and logo lights work?

Guest Tom C.

Yes they show up on the ground when landing and taxing. Logo light works perfect and wing light shows up on the leading edge.Thanks again.

Guest Tom C.

Thanks so far Wes, but I know for sure now its nothing to do with PMDG. I've tried other planes here with the same result.Its something to do with the effects folder because I have the landing lights working now so will play around some more to see where I've installed whatever messed me up.Failing that I'll just leave everything as is, as I'm going to be deleting everything and re-installing FS next week on the new comp.Thanks for your help so far.Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to everyone.

Guest WesFlight

Thanks Tom and Merry Christmas to you also. If you get your nav lights working, let us know.

Hi Tom, first let me say that this is my first post in any forum so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.Ref your problem I had the samething happenned to me the other day and I found out that somehow I had the electrical failure selected inside FS not the one inside the PMDG Failure options but when you use the alt key it is inside one of those options at the left not sure which one Flight or Aircraft Realism etc.. sorry I am not at home and only go by memory which is not too good.Hope this helps to solve your problem and I hope I made myself clear as english is not my first language.Good luckRon Michaud