Sign in to follow this  
MSW

744 Sound Issues...........Excellent Model Otherwise

I have installed the release version of the 744 plus the patch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it again. I have messed with the sound volumes, reduced the wind sound in the sound.cfg as someone suggested but no matter what I do I have to reduce the sounds of the cockpit and engines so much that when I go to spot view the sound is the pits!In addition, half the time I get this loud static to where I can't hear any sounds anyway, get disgusted and turn the flight off. :-fumeI don't have any other problems like this with any other addons including PMDG 737s and 1900C so I don't believe it is my system.This problem is totally ruining the otherwise excellent 744 for me.Please help or please fix. Thanks!Mike (Title edit)

You are aware that some airlines actually distribute sound cancelling headphones to their pilots because the cockpit of the 744 is so loud in real life, right?Now,Take a deap breath and why don't you give some constructive info like your soundcard and driver version etc...-Paul Liquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I'm aware of the headphones and it can be done like that such as Dreamfleet's Baron 58 and Beechcraft A36 option to have cockpit sound muffled (as with headphones) or not. There is no option like that here, however.It sounds like PMDG is aware that the sound has major problems, so I hope they can put out a quicky fix soon.Mike

I'm pretty well protected, but your signature is reporting the wrong IP address and ISP. Maybe I'm better protected than I thought :-) .Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest flight78

A new soundset Ryan?!?!?! AMAZING !! you guys at PMDG kicks #### !.Best regards:Alexander

Hey Doug, Are you behind a router or something like a Linksys? If so, the IP my signature shows is the IP your router has, not the internal address of your computer....It should be correct, it is not actually reading it off the internet but off of your own computer's settings...-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Robin.B

Alright, that new soundset news concludes it... PMDG are hands down one of the best companys I have ever had the fortune to purchase from! :)

I just found out from an earlier post that the LOUD DEAFENING static sound I am hearing is the stick shaker. I went into the sound file and reduced the volume alot. It was set way to high.There is still the problem with the exterior sound problems mentioned above, however. I will try messing with the ATC sound levels in the files to see if I can work around it.I think it is great that PMDG is re-doing the sound set. That is good news!:-)

The voicepack editor I have does not change the volume of the ATC. Is there a way to boost ATC volume past 100% on the slider?

Guest A32X

That's great news Ryan although I've not notice many problems with the sound however I hope they manage to add an idle reverse thrust sound from the cockpit aswell as removing the inflight spoiler sound. :-)_Paul