Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

pretty impressed by addon sounds for 737NG

hi allafter watching a few videos on real life 737s i came to the conclusion i was missing a certain roar in the flight deck of the NG when taking off, climbing and in cruise, so i decided to look around for some other sound files i could find and i found this download titled 737PKG on the avsim library by Des Braban, i must say im quite impressed by these sounds and it sounds so much better than the PMDG ones, (no disrespect to PMDG)i strongly suggest you give these a go and tell me what you think!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Thanks Clayton,very nice soundpack indeed!!I love the TO sounds, very impressive :-)best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Bit of trivia here - the NG sounds were actually contracted out because we didn't have a sound developer at that point... We have Armen now and the NG 2's sounds will be MUCH better!Several of us on the team actually use Des's NG sounds btw, they're awesome.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Bit of trivia here - the NG sounds were actually contracted out because we didn't have a sound developer at that point... We have Armen now and the NG 2's sounds will be MUCH better!Several of us on the team actually use Des's NG sounds btw, they're awesome.
Who did you contract out to?

Indeed, the soundpacks in the library make the current NG perfect. Don't forget the callouts and trim sound too.After testing quite a few I'm using Christoffer Peterson's V2 mixed with the new Emil Serafino package (the best cockpit and flaps sound IMO).

I've tried various packages by Des Braban, Christoffer Peterson and others but the best I've tried to date is one put together by Patrick Cramer who also credits Emil Serafino, Steven Persson & Ismail Shakeeb. It's here at Avsim, file name "cfm567v21.zip". I think that it probably gives the best rendition of in-cockpit noise of any. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll find it adds something to your 737NG.Iain Smith

I would be very grateful if someone could please advise me into which FS9 file I sould be putting the Des Braban sounds files. His read me file says:"copy all 11 files into the aircraft sound folder"Excuse my ignorance, but to me this could mean:1. fs9/sound or2. fs9/sound/pmdg/737NG or3. fs9/aircraft/PMDG737/sound (specific to each variant) I am pretty sure it will be one the above, but just not sure which !Many thanksIanpilotinfo.php?pid=0501&bg=b744

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Hello Ian,The 3rd one is correct, for the most part. However, some files like AP disconnect, callouts, trim sounds, etc are in the 2nd one. Take a look at those 2 folders and place your new files accordingly.

I've tried various packages by Des Braban, Christoffer Peterson and others but the best I've tried to date is one put together by Patrick Cramer who also credits Emil Serafino, Steven Persson & Ismail Shakeeb. It's here at Avsim, file name "cfm567v21.zip". I think that it probably gives the best rendition of in-cockpit noise of any. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll find it adds something to your 737NG.Iain Smith
Tested that sound pack myself last night. I must say is really good !! much more inmersive than the original sound.

Merhaba OnurThanks for taking the trouble to reply. I will try and do what you sugest.
:( No problem Ian, let me know by PM if you run into any trouble.Toulouse eh, I lived 7 years in Toulouse.