Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

I'd better be gone then.

OkayTom reformats Avsim :-)The Geoffs French and German Au pair forum(this would be subscription and definately over 18 only :-) thinking about it maybe make that over 50 with glasses ;-)The under fives flight sim forum (probably open to anyone with that mentality me included Mike as moderator)The Erotic art forum (for Aniettes erotic art and only open to me and Scott as true art lovers)The ladies only forum(specially set up for our growing number of ladies)The slanging match forum(For those wh want to have a go at each other)The my sim is better than your sim forum(no description needed but Larry can moderate this one)The cursing and swearing forum (for letting off steam)The self appreciation forum(where you can post to yourself saying how wonderful you are and how great are your creations)The list goes on........ there again maybe we better stick with what we have got as we havent even started with religionThanks Tom I think you have it about right ;-)Peter

I guess me uploading a fantasy repaint of mike stones Tristar with me Naked accross the fusalage is out of the question then ?Oh well ...............siggghhhhh it will have to be the Sydney harbour bridge instead.Alpha xxxxxxxxxx

Guest Scott Campbell

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) HAHAHAHAHAHA (wheeze, cough cough) WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(whew!...)

Guest Scott Campbell

Anniette...Nooooooooo...the naked painting thingy sounds sooooooooooo much better!(Scott raises his hand to second that Anniette Erotic Art forum) :-wave :-wave :-wave

No, but you could certainly e-mail it to me.Mike Stone

"I've always been impressed with the Dutchman's adeptness with the English language"I hope you don't mean every Dutchman!just joking (old Belgium-Netherlands clash)"it's my firm opinion that in most areas the Americans have got it about right when it comes to general standards of societal behaviour."that's a very dangerous statement.every-one should learn that generalizations are the worst thing on earth and are mostly completely wrong.I can give you 1000 examples of negative things about Americans and 1000 good things.we're talking about such big areas (U.S and Europe) that you can't say "an American is that way and a European is that way).every person is different,whether he lives in America or Europe.

This thread contains some of the best, and most articulate, responses I have ever seen on a forum. Excellent writing from mature individuals. To be commended.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I tend to agree with Tom. Whether it is in this international Forum or in "real life" you don't have to be around very long to pick up on the fact that when conversing with strangers, its best to follow the middle path on most subjects.For that is what we are here, strangers. Granted that if you regularly post with a specific individual you may start to pick up on certain personality traits, and think that you are starting to understand them, but for the most part, when we exchange posts here they are with people we really don't know. Coupled with pen-names and the fact that half the time you don't even know what nationality or age the person you're talking to is (something almost impossible in real-life face-to-face conversations) it is only prudent to assume nothing and to try to treat everyone with respect.I've been posting on this and other Forums for long enough that many names are familiar to me, but even now I "put my foot in it" enough to be aware that an awful lot can be misconstrued by the text that we are forced to use. Just look at the proliferation of emoticons that many posters use.I made a big mistake just recently - I'd been in regular communication with a newish simmer, and from the language and syntax used, I'd assumed that he was a youngish teenager. It was only when I was able to view his Profile on one of the boards that I found out that he was nearly 60 ! (Edit:I should point out that I never saw the "offensive" posting so can't comment on it directly, however, it seems that it was, in fact, in response to something that I posted elsewhere here.)

>I guess me uploading a fantasy repaint of mike stones >Tristar with me Naked accross the fusalage is out of the >question then ? >Oh well ...............siggghhhhh it will have to be the >Sydney harbour bridge instead. >Alpha xxxxxxxxxx AnnietteI see nothing wroung with having you naked on a plane :-)Infact Tom couldnt stop it with being double standards as various people have uploaded the Memphis Belle and other war planes which often had "lady Mascots naked".So go ahead ;-)Peter

>Anniette...Nooooooooo...the naked painting thingy sounds >sooooooooooo much better! >>(Scott raises his hand to second that Anniette Erotic Art >forum) :-wave :-wave :-wave Scot "thirded" by me :-)(whoops didnt I first it?)I really think that if Tom had Anniettes Erotic Art Forum he would have to purchase another server to cope with the hits.At least it would liven the forums up without me bringing up subjects like Freeware versus Payware or Pitch for Power and other boring subjects like that ;-)Peter

Guest Heather 636

For my two-cents worth, I hope you'll stick around Jaap.I am very much against censorship (to adults), but I am also fully aware of Tom's position and do not envy him the task of having to choose, in light of the viewing age range of this form, what can be here and what can't.I myself love art of the human form, as well as landscapes and other mediums and am not offended by a painting of a nude woman if done with taste and/or class. It amuses me when some women are offended by such. After all, it's a darned good thing that the sight of the opposite gender IS attractive to most or else our species would have died out long ago. It's NATURAL (for adults). By today's standards, the Vargas paintings are pretty tame. However, knowing that there are children who view this forum's contents as well, it was with some trepidation that I posted my signature with the Vargas girl on my DC-3.I would not have been surprised if it had been deemed necessary to disallow it. Perhaps I wouldn't have but Tom has a tough choice to make in these situations and better to err toward right than wrong (again, in light of younger viewers).There is more I wanted to expound upon but I'm not fully awake yet and the fog has not completely lifted from my brain. Best to stop before I find my feet in my mouth.I guess it boild down to, I hardly believe Tom is a prude, rather than just being in the delicate position of having to choose what the "younger" audience will be allowed to see.Also, it's HIS house. There are certain things I DO NOT allow in mine, freedom of speech or not, one of which are racial slurs. Leave it outside when visiting my home, or YOU will be outside.Had a guest of my brother's refuse to leave once as he felt that, as my brother's guest, he didn't have to listen to me. Samuel Colt changed his mind. (Before you slam my brother, he wasn't in the vicinity when this person offended me.)Cheers!!Heather

"I guess me uploading a fantasy repaint of mike stones Tristar with me Naked accross the fusalage is out of the question then ?Oh well ...............siggghhhhh it will have to be the Sydney harbour bridge instead."Now this is just "plane" wrong!:)-John

>By today's standards, the Vargas paintings are pretty tame. >However, knowing that there are children who view this >forum's contents as well, it was with some trepidation that >I posted my signature with the Vargas girl on my DC-3. >Heather my two son's (8 and 12 years) are looking now at the varga pictures and they telling me hmm... Dad that the pictures are too tame :-lolAWFEHAM

André