Sign in to follow this  
Guest shadowman76

FPS on 747 and 737NG

Guest shadowman76

Hello,after reading many threads here in the PMDG support forum that say the 747 should perform even better and should deliver a better framerate than the 737NG, I now ask myself why I can't say this for my setup. I compared the fps both planes deliver in exactly the same situation. I created a flight with the C172, loaded that flight, loaded the 747, turned on battery and stdby power to auto, watched the fps, shut down FS, started FS again, loaded that flight again, this time I loaded the 737, turned on battery and stdby power to auto and again watchted the fps counter.I have my FS configured with the extended FPS-Counter so that it shows lowest, highest and average FPS. I compared only the average fps-count, not the max or the min numbers. The result is that the 737 brings nearly exactly 5 fps more than the 747 in exaclty the same situation. I configured the 747 in the PMDG menu for best performance: flightplan clipping turned off, only airportts with 6000ft RWY are shown, display refresh rate for 2D is 15, for the VC it is 5 (I never fly in the VC).So, now how dows my observation match to the statements here in the forum, that say the 747 performs better than the 737? For me I can say that these statements are not true. As the 737 performs smooth even on such big airport addons like the new EDDF (Megaairport Frankfurt) from Aerosoft, and all other complex aircraft addons deliver good frames, too, I can say that my system is configured very well. Any idea?Edit: I forgot to say: I have v1.1 of the 747 and the latest version of the 737 600/700 together with the 737 800/900 upgrade.yours,Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,You mention the FPS is not as good on the 747 as the 737. I have just been looking at a thread about FPS in another developer forum and all I would ask is, does the current performance create a significant problem for you? Are you finding the aircraft stutters badly all the time?The reason I ask this is I am using another add-on right now and the FPS appears slightly lower than the others that I use. That said, it in no way affects the way the plane flies, so I'm not really worried about it. As long as the display remains fluid what the actual FPS is shouldn't really matter.In the other forum, people were becoming fixated with only getting FPS of 25-30, well I rarely see that on any aircraft and certainly not consistantly!

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest shadowman76

>I have just been looking at a thread about FPS in another>developer forum and all I would ask is, does the current>performance create a significant problem for you? Are you>finding the aircraft stutters badly all the time?No it is not really a problem as the 747 only stutters when I am in a complex scenery like the mentioned EDDF scenery. Elsewhere the performance is ok. The reason I ask is another one. I am worried about having perhaps something misconfigured in the 747. When others report their installation of the 747 runs faster than the 737 and for me it is just the opposite, something must be wrong. Either my 747 must have something misconfigured or the reports of the other posters are false. That's what I am trying to find out. Currently I hope it is not a misconfigured 747 on my system, but that it is just normal that the 747 is not as fast as the 737. If thats the case, I can live with it.