Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

PMDG 747 FMC routes from the 737-800/900?

Guest djelo

Hi Jim,thanks for yor quick answer.I

I may be misunderstanding your problem. Assume that you are flying from KSEA to KMSP. You load your POS INIT as KSEA and then, through the 1st page of the RTE page, you load KSEA and KMSP. After loading your runway, you most likely would load your CO Route information. Finishing this step by pushing both the activate and EXEC Keys.At this point I load through the DEP ARR function key my departure information, and if I want, I could also load my arrival info. I believe that those two pieces of data are both capable of changing your CO Route info. So... why do you care if the legs page does not show your arrival info. Your rebuilding that portion of the flight anyway.Tom

Guest bobdell

Chaps,Do yourself a favor and read the manuals that come with your PMDG744 products. Your are aware that in the real world pilots converting to, say a B737 to a B744 have to do a intensive conversion exam before they can start flying the B744, as an example.The same applies when converting from the PMDG737 600/900 to the PMDG747 400 Queen of the Sky. You can not just jump into the PMDG744 and expect everything to be the same. There are vast differences which you need to study up on - in my case I started with the PMDG744 and find the PMDG737 a completely different experience and having to teach myself a whole new approach for the PMDG737.Getting back to your question about inserting the Co-Route into the PMDG747 400; (Please take this as my way of going about doing this) I try and do two flights a day of between 4h00 and 05h00 as I grade myself as a pro VA pilot, I am retired now from real world work, so have lots of time to try and do things the right way with the aircraft that have taken PMDG many Months to develop and test, before they are released to the public for purchase. Take my word for it, if you are having a problem, 99.999% is

Guest HeavyMetal

Delta007bhd...Er... Uh... Compatibility.. Not sure what that means.. I have been flying (purchased copies I might mention) all of the PMDG aircraft since each was released with no "PMDG" related problems.. My probs were self generated... Any flight plan that you have generated for the 737s are totally compatible with the 747s... The problem lies at your at your end with your admitted "non" purchased copy... As to support.. PMDG has the best payware support there is bar none.. Oh yeah.. Did I mention paid for payware..------------------------------------------------------------------Joe FritschChief Operations OfficerNoble Air VAhttp://www.nobleair.com"It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif

Today has been a great day: my first "Queen day" after eight months flying and enjoying the 737-700...But I have experienced that same problem.I have many routes for the 737 saved in the FLIGHTPLANS folder, but oops it seems they are not usable in the 747, after entering the COROUTE name I get no destination and the legs page is empty.Any solution ? Jose Luis

Be somewhat aware of using the FSNAV to generate flight plans. I have had FSNavigator for two or three years and it works great for the default aircraft. What I have found is that with payware aircraft and flying with the FMC/CDU you most likely need to edit your flight plan. That is often times I have found that the FSNAV flight plan will generate a series of squared turns just prior to final approach. Because of these turns, there are times that I was unable to capture the localizer on final approach until its to late to perform an autoland. A good example of the problem is to fly an approach into KMSP from the east and attempt an landing on RWY 4. Often times a simple edit of the FSNAV Flight Plan cleans up the problem.If you have not yet discovered the FlightAware WEB site, http://flightaware.com/ you need to check it out. The FlightAware Web Site tracks both arrivals and departures in "real" time. What is really nice about the site is that you can capture actual flight plans for both the arrival or departure of aircraft that are using your selected facility. The other night I established a flight plan from their site for a flight from KMSP to KPHX. My flight plan that I manully loaded into my FMC/CDU read as follows: SCHEP1 ONL LBF ALS GVP EAGUL1. I like to to fly with real time weather so my final approach into KPHX was later changed to a different runway, but until that change I flew the flight plan listed on the FlighrAware Site.Tom

And bla bla bla bla bla...So, at the end, the conclussion is that PMDG-737 saved flightplans are not directly usable through the CO ROUTE prompt in the PMDG-747.We call that "incompatibility" at home.Anyway, no problem, the show must go on, loading brand new flightplans for the 747 is a very enjoyable part of this marvelous piece of simulation art.Jose Luis.

Guest bobdell

>And bla bla bla bla bla...>>So, at the end, the conclussion is that PMDG-737 saved>flightplans are not directly usable through the CO ROUTE>prompt in the PMDG-747.>>We call that "incompatibility" at home.>>Anyway, no problem, the show must go on, loading brand new>flightplans for the 747 is a very enjoyable part of this>marvelous piece of simulation art.>>Jose Luis.Jose Luis,There

Bobby:I am very sorry if you have felt offended by my words "bla bla...", receive my apologizes if that is the case.The topic was about a very precise question of route-files direct compatibility. You seem to be a very meticulous man as I am myself. I can tell you that I have spent about one month reading and studying every PMDG-747 manual and tutorial that I have been able to get (that is more than 600 pages). Only after that I purchased The Queen...and now that I have The Bird in my hands I am completing the second reading of the 600 pages.One of the first things I did after installing the PMDG-747 was to test if the PMDG-737 flightplans could be used by the 747...and they couldn't.You also seem to be a deep aviation lover, as I am myself since 1974 when I first flew (LEST-EICK) in an Aer Lingus 737-200 and the takeoff roll acceleration impressed me for life. Young man of 62, receive my best regards from Pontevedra-Spain.Jose Luis

Guest lenly

I have entered my details in the 737-800 FMC and noticed it let me climb at 275kts, but when it gets to FL350 it only travels at M0.600 (205kts) and descend at 264kts, is it a limit over the area from KLAX to KDEN, or is something wrong in the calculations.Other times it let me fly at M0.780, anywhere else (so far)

Just extracting the main question from the above thread...I have loads of stored of routes in the 737-700 and no, they won't load into the 747X. It recognises the route identifier, Activate and Execute fills in the Departure airport but that is it. No legs data. No great problem, I too enjoy building new routes but if, as a poster above says, they are totally compatible with the the 747X then I would like to know how because it doesn't work for me either.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Guest lenly

I always find the route and then copy & paste them into Word, that way I always have hard copy....