Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Please Read

For those of you participating in the RTWC a question...1.) Do you think there is enough SUSTAINED and CONTINUING interest in this to create a specific forum for it and your postings? If so, as expressed here, we'll be more than happy to open a forum specifically for your use. But, if this interest today is just a "flash in the pan", then we need to know that too. So....?

Tom,Not only would I love to see a specific forum for this, I want it to continue even past the original "challenge".Part of this, I admit, is selfishness: I want a chance to participate and at the rate it's going I'm not sure I'll get that chance. But there's another part of me that's facinated by the whole concept.I've been doing a lot of aviation reading and I would love to suggest some other "races" that perhaps have a little more structure (like specific routes that recreate some of the more famous ones). I would hope others might share that interest.

Hi Tom.Based on how things went with this same challenge on flightsim.com, I suspect there won't be quite enough interest to justify a whole forum for it. Plus, keeping it here in the main forum gives it visibility to the casual reader who then decides to participate.What happened in the original version is that when the post count for a thread reached 50, we started a new thread with a very similar title so everyone could keep track without much waiting and scrolling. I think there ended up being about 4 threads when the challenge was finally complete (about 2 weeks).--Tony