Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark H.

Step Climb

Guest Mark H.

I have got the 747 for a couple of weeks now and the last week im trying out the long hauls. Its a challange to get the correct amount of fuel to reach your destination and still have your minimum landing fuel abort on thouchdown.One thing i would realy like to know. I use step climb all the time but i would like to leave the queen flying while i take a rest. Ok i know this isnt the way we need to do it and yes by doing this i know i get a lot of comment but then again i dont think im the only one. But back to the subject. The queen will reach its step climb point when im in dreamland and i dont think its good for my relationship with my wife to set an alarm in the middle of the night to go and initiate the step climb. So the thing i wanna know is, is there anyway to automate this step climb point. I tried to put in all alt manualy but it wont let me and its not allowed to alter the alt nore speed on crz level. It does however let me change the first upcomming waypoint even when on crz level but this results in the FMC telling me there is insufficient fuel and with this altering every waypoint after my first next to a lower and lower alt so no step climb in that case.Maybe if nothing is possible to automate, maybe its an idea for PMDG to put in a nice feature like the one we already have. We have pause on T/D so maybe they can create a pause before S/C ???? This would be very nice.Any help on this would be great.Mark H.

I had wondered about this also. The other thing is the fuel management, It would be great to have the option to have your F/O set the fuel to 'tank to engine' at the right moment while you're on your 'duty-rest'.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest AJ

>I had wondered about this also. The other thing is the fuel>management, It would be great to have the option to have your>F/O set the fuel to 'tank to engine' at the right moment while>you're on your 'duty-rest'.Perhpas if we ever get a version of FS2Crew for the 744, such a funtion could be included.Andrew