Sign in to follow this  
Heron

Second Monitor and a flickering mouse cursor

Hi,This is for those who get a flickering mouse cursor after dragging a panel piece to a 2nd monitor. The phenomenon started happening to me with the 747 Queen, every time I tried to create a flight for her populating the 2nd monitor.In windowed mode, just load any default airplane and then, load the Queen and you

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

Heron,I've had this of and on with nVidia cards as well and with a lot of advanced add-ons even before the Queen. I think this is related to video driver issues and is not specifically a FS induced problem.Thank you for your work-around. It needs to be addressed once in a while! ;-)Cheers and Merry Christmas to you too,

Hi Heron.I have nothing useful to say about the flickering mouse problem, but just thought i would say that if you are using windows xp and you update a driver and you don't like it, then in device manager under display adapters, double click your card,then choose the driver tab, then you can select "roll back driver" and get the driver back to how it was before you installed the new one. Hope this helpsJohn Calleja BAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Skedflyer

This one works for me.Load your default flight; undock the Radio panel to your second monitor. Then save the flight as your default flight.Now when you load FS you don't need to load up a default aircraft, just load up the plane you want directly.It has worked for me for a while now.

Heron:I have the identical problem as you and once again it has appeared since just installing the Queen last night.I think it is a video driver issue with AT Radeon cards. I have the XT 850 XT PE card with my DELL XPS system. Ages ago, when I bought the PMDG NG series, I had the same issue with the same PC. But then DELL issued updated ATI drivers in May and when I loaded them, this flickering issue (and CTD) vanished.But now it has re-appeared with the Queen which I installed off CD-ROM last night.It is enormously frustrating and means that you cannot undock anything onto monitor 2 safely.Pray for new drivers that are compatible with our video cards, that's all I think I can say !Jonathan