Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

Fonts too big

Guest glassb

Hello everyone, I could not find a useful previous post regarding this topic. Take a look at the picture of the PMDG 737-600. Like if I am at FL180 on the PFD in would say 8000.....fonts too big to show the 1 in 18000. And on the FMC words a crunched together as well. I operate the PMDG744 as well and it does the same. Thanks,B. Glasshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136114.jpg

That's an interesting problem! Just a suggestion, have you tried changing your screen resolution (in both FS and Windows)? 1024 x 768 or above should work (not sure about 800 x 600)Hope that helps!

Guest glassb

I run at 1280x1024; above 1024x768. I can't tell if it is just too bold or a slightly different font. It did not do this before when I ran on my internal hard drive. I have an extra, external hard drive now in which I run all of my games on. My internal drive I have dedicated to my computer's system files. Can anyone help?Regards,B. Glass

I had a similar problem.My DPI was set to 120 and changing it to 96 solved it.While in settings click on advanced and then the general tab.Hope this helps.Michael

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Your Windows fonts are set at 120 DPI as detailed in the previous response. I'm also guessing you're using an LCD monitor with a high native resolution? Certain PMDG gauges make use of windows internal fonts, thus too high a DPI setting can cause the effect you are illustrating. I guarantee this is your problem. Go to your windows/control panel/display/settings/advanced tab and you'll see the dialog box for your font DPI. Set it back down to 96 DPI, reboot, and you're good to go.

Guest glassb

Rico, problem solved.... I took your advice and everything seems cherry. Thanks for everyone's help.