Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

744 "Insufficient Fuel"

Guest glassb

I could not find previous posts useful..... First off I run the latest version for the 744: V1.1 and on short flights for example with often times full tanks I get keep getting an "Insufficient Fuel" warning on the FMC. Can anyone help?Regards,B. Glass

What value have you entered in the Reserves Fuel at the FMC?If the Predicted Fuel at destination is less than the amount of the fuel entered in the Reserve fuel then this message will appear.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest dt1951

Another good idea is to look at the total distance to your trip to ensure you dodn't have an inproper waypoint entered. If your 1000 mile trip reads 7000 miles, you have entered at least one waypoint incorrectly.

Guest glassb

I don't understand..... In actuality, isn't it a good thing to have more fuel than how much the FMC predicts will have at destination (extra fuel)?

Guest morvious

If you have enterd a value of (example) 24.000Lbs of fuel reserves, and your FMC calculates that with the speeds, altitudes and winds you are flying with, the fuel becomes lower then 24.000 LBS on landing, it will give you the warning.The FMC is just telling the captain, that he needs to check its data, because something goes a little bit different then planned.I don't take this message to serious in the first place, but from that moment on, Ill check every now and then my VNAV page what the fuel amount will be at landing.Last I did a flight from EHAM to MMMX. With all my calculations I needed 290.000LBS of fuel, with 24.000LBS of reserves.Over the atlantic, winds were 3 times stronger then calculated, and the messages showed up. From this moment on I checked the fuel every 30 minutes.Inbound Atlanta that was on my route, I noticed that my fuel became lower then 10.000 LBS on landing, but with the winds I had, it could also become lower, so I descided to land in KATL for some fuel.