Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

winds aloft real world download?

hi,i know this is off topic. but i feel so home in this forum... ;)when i download real world weather i will have surface winds, but no winds aloft. FS gives me a direction but the velocity is always zero. about a month ago i installed my new pc. i am not sure but i think i did have winds aloft at first back then, but like i said i am not sure. i don't clearly remember having winds aloft at all.do you guys get winds aloft with real world d/l weather these days? has anybody ever experienced that phenomena??regards

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest JDavidson

I bought Activesky version whatever (I can't keep track) a few months ago. This is pretty good for weather by my book and certainly a considerably enhancement on the default MS weather - and has good winds aloft data.You might also have forgotten to tick the 'download winds aloft' box under the 'weather' options in FS.James

> oh James, i totally did not remember there was such an option. i checked it and boom, i got the winds. thank you, that was it!!! :)> Ryan: hey neighbor!is activesky fps friendly? because really, when i am on approach to simflyers KPHX in my PMDG 737/747 i can not lose yet away another frame. although i have a pretty good setup with my amd 64 3500+, 7800GT and 2gb dual channel ram... for real, i am pushing the envelope. well, and 1600x1200 resolution.thank you guys.regards

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I love the predictability setting for the winds aloft in ASV. For those that don't know, Winds Aloft data comes from forcasts made 3 times a day (which means it can be up to almost 8 hours old by the time the next one comes out) so I have my predictability set to around 80% to give it an 80% chance of being what the forcast says.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest hankaaron

>hi,>>i know this is off topic. but i feel so home in this forum...>;)>>when i download real world weather i will have surface winds,>but no winds aloft. FS gives me a direction but the velocity>is always zero. about a month ago i installed my new pc. i am>not sure but i think i did have winds aloft at first back>then, but like i said i am not sure. i don't clearly remember>having winds aloft at all.>>do you guys get winds aloft with real world d/l weather these>days? >>has anybody ever experienced that phenomena??>>regards>>MSFS 2004 does not download winds aloft. As mentioned before, get Active Sky (and FSBuild also- to accurately plan routes and fuel alottments).hankaaron.

>MSFS 2004 does not download winds aloft. >what makes you think that?i've always had d/l winds aloft...

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest hankaaron

>>MSFS 2004 does not download winds aloft. >>>>what makes you think that?>>i've always had d/l winds aloft...>>You're right. FS2005 will download winds aloft, but the option to do so must be checked in the weather options. This option used to be on the same page as the weather download.hankaaron.