Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

The MD-11

Robert,LSAS is only for the elevator/stabiliser stuff. What you didn't like was Roll CWS. However if you do get a "Roll CWS failed" alert on the EAD you'll have a good training for your muscels :) So on the MD-11 LSAS and CWS is not only a nice-to-have feature but actually is needed since MDD did not want to give the airplane a new wing...Why don't you two just fly over here and we'll knock at Urs' office? Some flight hours should be possible anytime for PMDG guys :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus,Could we do that for everyone in PMDG and combine it with a "business meeting", justifying it as "information gathering" and "product motivation"? Preferably during ski season. Sam,I knew it! Some smart guy would think of something like putting the MD-11 on its tail while managing fuel transfer. Also, we've already demonstated the panel to the MD-11 guys at Alteon Long Beach. Hello, Wes and Jan. Robert,Midnight Mike is the guy who does the scheduling at Long Beach. I think he might remember us.Bill

Guest MidnightMike

>Markus,>>Could we do that for everyone in PMDG and combine it with a>"business meeting", justifying it as "information gathering">and "product motivation"? Preferably during ski season. >>Sam,>>I knew it! Some smart guy would think of something like>putting the MD-11 on its tail while managing fuel transfer.>Also, we've already demonstated the panel to the MD-11 guys at>Alteon Long Beach. Hello, Wes and Jan. >>Robert,>>Midnight Mike is the guy who does the scheduling at Long>Beach. I think he might remember us.>>BillBillOf course I remember you, even though we never got a chance to meet as I was working for the Alteon-Gatwick Training Center, which by the way is getting the 787 simulator! *Hint* 787! Will we see that program?Did Jan ever take care of you in Seattle?Mike

my favorite part about learning the MD-11 from that great DVD was the pilot explaining how you have to pull the speedbrake arm lever and that tells the airplane you are ready to do preflight checks. very cool

Alex,you're lucky then as the speed brake lever is one of my favourite levers on that flight deck :) That's why I'll make sure we'll have all the sounds and noises of that lever in the software ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus,And that speedbrake lever is well modeled in the panel too, right down to the sounds. You could get mesmerized just watching it do its thing.Bill

I can't wait to haul cargo! more and more companies are using the MD-11F. Shanghai Airlines Cargo, Transmile, China Cargo, Gemini, Alitalia, Lufthansa, Martinair, Eva, World, and of course my favorites UPS and FedexWith the 747F and the MD11F I will be in freighter heavenlooking forward to this! :) How much do I have to pay to be on the beta team??

>How much do I have to pay to be on>the beta team?? I'd say deliver us a FlyTampa-quality scenery of Anchorage and Luxembourg Airport (for all that MD11F Cargo operation!) and we will talk again ;)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

ha ha. I wish I had the talent to do that. Ive been hoping PANC would be done by somebody like flytampa.

Mike-YES! Jan came through wonderfully.... Had a very succesful visit- and was even dragged kicking and screaming into the 777 sim "to gauge my interest."(I put up only a token fight- just to make them feel like they earned it....)I think we'll be scheduling another trip down to Long Beach soon enough.... Hope you are around when we do!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Markus-AH! Yes- of course. Have my acronymns messed up....I guess you could say I don't know my CWS Roll from my LSAS sometimes. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com