Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Feeling stressed this xmas? A solution...

Guest SteveK

Robert,I suppose I am sad writing this post on Christmas day, but hey, I really liked your story about your sadist nature, so I just couldn't resist.Well, maybe you should go and spend some time with the wife and the Golden Retriever. Go and enjoy a bit of a break, relax, cos I am sure that 2006 is going to be busy for PMDG.So, in a few days time, we hope that you come back to us with your trip to Sydney, and onward. It does sound like you are having fun with the Queen, so keep going on your round the world route, exploring far off countries. ;-) Good luck,

Guest vsafuto

Hey, we should be thankful for a lot of the good stuff PMDG has produced. Whenever I get frustrated, I look at the Flight Simulator history site, and remember how far we've come.I have found that flying the Queen is more fun on those impractical short-haul routes. I remember reading once that customers were even more satisfied when Delta started flying 777s on its short routes, but that was just to get the crews warmed up for the longer-distance flights. Of course, when that ended it was back to the 737s, MD-80s and CRJs, but I guess it was fun for awhile.I take that same approach with the Queen and even the 737s. I don't have the time to do super-long flights, so those "hops" are just as fulfulling and busy.Anyway, happy holidays to all.Vincent F. Safuto

My favorite? Queen of the Skies in my own El Guapo Airlines livery (essentially a heavily modified Dreamliner livery) from KONT to YSSY using Active Sky and FSPassengers.Here's a little experience for you... I was on the same flight a couple days ago and had to run to the store for my wife. After ensuring that the passengers were happy and my flight level was good for an hour or so I took off. As I'm walking through the dairy section of Stater Brothers I get a call from my wife. She's asking me how I fly my plane. Why does she ask? Because she had to get into the attic and my computer sits just next to the drop down ladder. She was being a sweet wife and went to put a towel over my keyboard to keep dust out of it, isn't she wonderfully considerate? Just as she put the towel over it she heard screams and flight angle warnings. It just so happened that not only did she cover my keyboard, but my computer joystick as well (I added "computer" cause I know some of you guys out there will have way too much fun with just "joystick"). The movement of the stick caused the autopilot to disengage and the flight to go nose down. I told her to just hit the ESC key and I'd look at it when I got home. Needless to say, when I got home I found passengers screaming in terror and stuck to the roof and a nose down angle of 60 degrees. It was interesting to read the FSPassengers comments after I disintegrated in mid-air: terror and grief, injuries, oh... and exceeding 250 knots below 10,000 ft (my personal favorite in this case). ... oh, and enough with this "Happy Holidays" or "Seasonal Greeting" crapolla (too politically correct for me)... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!