Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Two

Scabbo...Questions & ideas for the group...1. What happened to our navigation mapper...?2. Could we have a nav map posted at the end of each 50 thread...?3. Would it be possible to have the screenshots posted on a separate page after each leg (in order of each leg) to allow for some sort of slide show of the routes being travelled...? Might make for a neat visual presentation. This would also allow us after a bit to quickly see which types of aircraft (balloons, etc) have been used to date.Again, these are just ideas. Hopefully I'll grab the baton later tonight wherever we end up.Cheers...Hawkeyez :-kewl

Hawkeyez,I'm still here, The new maps are ready, I will post then once scabbo starts the new thread. I have downloaded all the screenshots and I was gonna upload it to Avsim along with both FS2002 and FSNav flight plans for anyone that might be interested. They are all numbered properly so they could be used as a slide show. That would be cool.Maybe a new series for the upload section? Avsim RTW Flights... I would be happy to do this.Any thoughts and/or ideas are welcome!-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Looks to me like we've gone *way* over the 50 msgs limit...

Hy!*krzkz* ... trying to type while flying... going to FTTI (Ati) for refueling... heading 075, FL 230 ... have wind against me ... *krzkz*... heading 110, 19 knots... but groundspeed is ok: 217 knots... will send another report later if possible .... *kzzzchssszzz*:-)Danny(some feet above the sahara)

Hy!PIREP:- Takeoff at Maidugiri (DNMA) at 19:41 GMT,Wind from 220, 16 kts, Thunderstorms- Cruise FL230, Wind from 109, 19 kts- Descent and Land at FTTI at 21:18 GMT for refuelling- Take Off at FTTI at 21:25 GMT (a veeery fast refuel...)- Cruise FL050, Wind from 090, 06 kts- Descent and Land at FTTC (Abache, Chad) at 22:04 GMT,Wind from 090, 06 kts, Thunderstorms, heavy turbulencesA long and boring flight over the desert. Not much to see at night...Screenshot shows my OV-10A at FL050 below some clouds.Danny

Thats a Great Shot Danny! Good Job! Is the OV-10A made by Rockwell? Nice plane.BTW Everyone: Im ready to put the maps up as soon as the new page is up.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Thanks!Hmm, my aircarft.cfg says it was build by North American. Maybe North American is now Rockwell, I don