Sign in to follow this  
Guest xenopus

PMDG support - Please read and answer

Guest xenopus

Hello,This is the second time I'm encountering the same problem with the queen. I had hoped that the patch would fix it but it didn't. The last time I posted a description of this possible bug I got no response from PMDG team members. I know those where hard and busy times then (when the product was just launched) and I do not hold a resentment. I hope that now you could address my post.So here goes - (The original report http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-1145.html&highlight=)I just tried loading a saved flight from FAJS to DGAA. my PMDG 747 version is 1.1 and I have the lastest AIRAC and SID/STAR installed.when I loaded the flight I got the following:1. My landing gear lever was down2. FMC gave 3 errors: UNABLE CRZ ALT, PERF/VNAV UNAVAILABLE and FAJS err: ANVOX unknown.3. The plane although saved straight and level with autopilot on and both VNAV and LNAV on, began a steep climb the V/S on MCP read +4600 the Speed on MCP read 200 kts and VNAV was off.4. As you can see in the attached photos, VNAV screen on FMC shows bizzare fuel estimation and all ETA and fuel estimates are gone.I have the flight saved and can send it if needed.ThanksAriel

Ariel,Was this flight saved pre-1.1? I haven't verified this, but there could be some descrepancies due to changes in the system. I suggest creating a new save file and seeing if the problem still occurs...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest xenopus

>Ariel,>>Was this flight saved pre-1.1? I haven't verified this, but>there could be some descrepancies due to changes in the>system. I suggest creating a new save file and seeing if the>problem still occurs...Ryan,Thank you for your post. The flight was saved post-1.1 upgrading.

Guest xenopus

PMDG support, any comment ????

I'd personally write them an email at support@precisionmanuals.com - I'm sure that's a faster way of getting a reply from them.

Guest xenopus

Thanks! I'll try that.

Guest xenopus

I didn't use saved flights from the older version. The flight was saved and loaded with ver. 1.1.Merry Xmas

Ariel-There is no obvious reason for the behavior you are seeing- but it is most likely the result of flight control settings chaned between the save/load.I've seen this happen **OCCASIONALLY** but it is normally the result of having muched with thigns such as control settings or weather when reloading.Example: I have a saved flight on the way into BKK- and if I leave the sim set to load current weather- the new temperature/pressure/wind settings can create some craziness if they are dramatically different than what was saved.In short- there are a number of "sim'isms" that might cause this- and we do not intend to look at it in any more depth....Hope that helps!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest xenopus

Hi,If I'm the only one to experience this behavior, I'll try to find the reason within my system.Thank you Capt. Randazzo and everyone who tried to help.Happy Holidays

Guest xenopus

I still get this problem with every save/load.But I found a work around it, so if anybody else experiences this, just open FMC go to INDEX ---> PERF and re-enter the cost index number. after that, everything comes back again.