Sign in to follow this  
Guest morvious

Is the B747-400 deck any different?

Guest morvious

Hi all,Now the first complete B747-400F for flightsim is comming along nicely, I had a few questions in my mind, and I hope you can answere them.Are there any mayor diffrences bewteen a pax version or a cargo version of the B747 flight deck?And are there operational wise any mayor diffrences, other then that you have cargo instead of passengers, and that you leave the cargo apron in stead of the passenger apron :).Can a pilot IRL fly both the B747-400 and B747-400F, or does it require some training?Thanks for reading,Stefan van Hierden

as far as I know, no differences except the doors page will display different things, obviously, like the nose cargo door, side rear cargo door.I know airlines like Singapore have their pilots flying Freighters as well as PAX

Hi Stefan,asked a friend who very recently typerated for the 744 if he would be able to fly the 74F (LH that is) and if there are major differences.quote:"cargo does not whine, cargo does not puke....besides that, it

Bummer,I guess that means we won't see her before Christmas....Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest morvious

Thank you all.The questions are indeed answered..Thanks again,Stefan van Hierden

Guest b747classicproject

hello the major difference between a cargo 747 and a passenger 747 from flying wise is the weight afaik.calculate lets say, 380 passengers, even if we take 100 kgs per pax, you get 38000 kgs of passengers(luggage about 20 kg each, so that adds 20 * 380 = 7600 kg) so the total makes about 45600 kgs of load....(you still have to add the seats, galleys, trolleys etc....but you will nowhere come close to a fully loaden 747400F with this weight.... so the weight of the 747400F should be greater'Marc

Guest BodoM

Vin,can you guys please consider to model the EICAS compact mode?Thank you :-)___________________________Best RegardsCpt. Bodo M

the reason the 400F can hold more weight is because they ditch all the lower deck seats and galleys, the upper deck is shorter, and it is more reinforced. So technically, yes, the F can haul more weight.But I guess going by Vin's comments, we won't expect the freighter to have an X-mas release :(