Sign in to follow this  
macpac22

Real World Flight Plans into FMC

Seasons Greetings everyone,just a quick question..ive recently started flying Boeing 747-400 real world routes that i get from the Avsim flight plan forums. My problem is with entering tracks along the atlantic into the FMC such as 6145N/11000Wi have had a look at the manual and tried it but i get an error each time. I have successfully entered way points such as 6200N/09000W which the FMC allowed me to enter as 6290N. The route below is the one im working on now. ive gotten as far as NCAC 6430N/09000W but cannot enter it into the FMC.ROUTE/ KSEA DCT YDC J503 YNY J527 BOJAM J527 YMM NCAC YSF NCAC 6430N/09000W LAT7 6530N/08000W NCAD DARUB DCT 6650N DCT 6440N DCT 6230N DCT 5920N DCT AGORI DCT MIMKU UP6 MORAG UN562 MAC UN57 DCS UN615 HON BNN3A EGLLAnyone that could help me with entering the xxxxN/xxxxxW format into the FMC it would be appreciated.Many thanksPaul

Hi PaulI made some reference notes for this some time ago for my own use, and my notes show the format as:there are tw0 formats...1 is called long and the other called short. In both cases they do not use the / in between the co-ordinates. so it should be..Nxxxx.xWxxxxx.x (this is long format)NxxWxxx (this is the short format)try this and report back, I will also try it in a few hours and see how i got on.John Calleja BAW452

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi again PaulI have entered this flightplan using my recommndations above and it all wortked out ok, i didnt fly the route but i did programme the fmc. The only change i made because i didnt understand it was you had NCAC twice, (once before YSF and once after it) so i just entered after YSF the co-ordinate N6430W09000 leaving out the second NCAC, I removed a couple of discontiues which ocurred after i added the Star for EGLL, and it all looks good.have a good flightJohn Calleja BAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

thanks for your reply. i entered it in the legs page as N64W090 and it allowed me to enter it. i will try the long version and see if it works.thanks again

I have a question regarding this route...So do I enter all of them on the left side of the FMC and just go direct to each time? How do I know whether it is a jetway I am programming or just direct to? Sorry I am an FMC newbie and want to learn how to use it rather than importing from FSNavigatorThanks!

hi,on the left side of the RTE page is where the jet ways go. always enter the right side first. this is a break down of what you should enter:Enter Enter2nd 1stDCT YDC J503 YNY J527 BOJAM J527 YMM NCAC YSF NCAC 6430N/09000W LAT7 6530N/08000W NCAD DARUB DCT 6650N DCT 6440N DCT 6230N DCT 5920N DCT AGORI DCT MIMKU UP6 MORAG UN562 MAC UN57 DCS UN615 HON see attached image of how it lookshope this helps