Sign in to follow this  
gelowims

Horrible Noise When Landing

When I am trying to land after a great flight, I have began to experience a horrible noise just before touchdown. This noise will interupt the autolanding causing the approach mode to disengage and the localizer light to come on. Needless to say the smooth landing turns into a crash. I have tried re-installing the software, but the same thing keeps happening. I am at my whit's end on this one. Anyone? Any help? Thanks.Gelowims

Guest nicam

sounds like your stalling, are your flaps down to the correct setting & whats your speed?Michael Pereira

This is not a stall. The flaps are at the correct setting of 20 and the speed is 170mph. The stall indicator does not light up as it would when there is a stall. I will double check and report back. ThanksGelowims

Hello Gelowims,We want to help, but you really need to give us more information.1) What airplane are you flying. PMDG has 5 airplanes on the market with autoland. We can't even begin to help you without knowing what you are flying.2) "Horrible" is a bit subjective. Can you describe this "horrible" sound? Is it an alarm, or is it something that seems out of place, like something that might be produced by a faulty sound card or out-of-date sound card drivers?3) What are the exact procedures you are following to perform your landing and rollout?Help us help you :)Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest nicam

It's funny sometimes I do get a "horrible" noise when decending or climbing (mainly during decend)I think its because I'm going too slow or my flaps are not at the right angle my speed on the PFD is very close to the red bricks, so that's why I thought the noise is due to a stall. (btw I'm flying the 744Michael Pereira

170 seems pretty high to me for landing

Guest nicam

actually I've read some whese else here someone have the same problem.The Horrible noise is a loud grinding sound, it is very annoying, especially when your on vatsim trying to listen to atc.I've notice this only started after I installed the PMDG patch

I get horrible noises when descend too fast. It sounds like muffled screams of terror coming from somewhere behind me. :-lol----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest PUB802

Hi,I am experiencing something similar. Its a loud rattle sound very annoying (similar to the stick shacker) it muffles all the other sounds of the sim. It happens in all flight phases even when I am still grounded and starting the cockpit preparation.I haven

Guest nicam

I've got no add-on besides freeware aircraftand fsuipc and still get the noise.

Guest ben_air

i only use the fs9 deafault aircraft and only PDMG and PSS add-ons, yet i still get the same grinding noise. it only occured after installing the patch for the 744 and occurs during climb. i also realise that the auto throt/pilot switches from ALT and SPD to FL CH when the sound starts. I presume the sound means you are close to stall?