Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

B1900 <-> FsPassengers

Hi,Anyone else using FsPassengers with B1900 in here? I have a problem where I can't choose between the 2D and the VC models since FsPassengers belives that are two different aircrafts and hence forces me to buy the same a/c twice to be able to shift between the 2D and the VC model.Anyone with the same problem or even better a solution to it? Would very much appreciate any help!

Richard Åsberg

You got me kinda scratchin' my head.......My advice....VC....I have the Arizona Express Airlines 1900D that has both 2D and VC...I would purchase VC over 2D. I was considering modifing the .cfg file to delete any 2D panel options,My guess is that they put them in there for slower computers. I get a little miffed,having to sift thru all the options....The other is to cheat with FsPassengers.....By changing the "Weight" of the plane in the .cfg file in question....I did this with the PMDG 747.Then checking FsPassengers Aircraft Browser you would see the new weight.Right now it shows 10,590(Empty)weight, and a cost of $6,821,031If you modify the .cfg to maybe 1,000 pounds gross and 300 pounds empty it should bring the price way down...then you can buy to hearts delight...But you have to change the weight back to "Fly it FsPassengers.So "BACK UP THE .cfg!"Then replace the the light weight with the original and 'Voila.....it will show in the manager "Sale price" but if you ever sell it, It will go for the high price minus hours flown.So.....I hope this helps.....

Thanks for your tips even though I personally prefer the 2D model over the VC. Never learned to like VC but I do try to learn liking it sometimes and this is when I would like to choose the VC model without having to buy the same a/c once again in FsPassengers. But...I actually found a way now - to switch the names of the models so the VC model is named like the 2D model and vice versa. That way I can fly the model I like even if it's a bit cumbersome.

Richard Åsberg

Cool....My guess is your modifing the .cfg at the model line?Thats kinda what I was thinking about doing.....Somtimes you just gotta' do what you gotta' do....If you dont' mind and it it's working out well for you, You should take a moment and post FsPassengers site,and let the guys know you've found a fix to this.Jeff T.

Hi Jeff,The line I'm modifying is the title line, for instance that would for PMDG's 2D model of the B1900 betitle=Beech 1900CActually got this idea from a thread over at FsPassengers site where I originally asked for help on this issue and someone suggested to make both the 2D model and the VC model read the same on the title line. Problem with that is that by doing so you will only be able to choose from one model since I belive their is a requirement for uniqueness for the title lines in aircraft.cfg - it won't work to have to lines reading the same and still be able to choose from both models. At least that's my experience with it.

Richard Åsberg

Hmmmm...This might be easier than removing all the 2d cockpit models.Not sure why FsPass. only sees' 1 make instead of all models.Any way I'll give this a shot.Preety bad you asked for help, and come up with a solution.....I love it!Jeff T.