Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

RW 737NG Questions

Guest markyp

Hi all,I am looking for a couple of things.When fuel and flight planning I am looking for the fuel they use in the RW for Reserve, Taxi, Hold etc...Also what BA use for Cost Index, also Assumed Air Temp in the FMC.Does anyone know how I can get this from fp's real world something like that from the internet...? I am trying to find the source the chaps in the flightplanning forum use to get the plans etc.. ? Maybe this will help..ThanksMark

Those settings are all different between airlines based on a number of things - best bet would be to happen across a BA pilot who could tell you probably...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Mark I fly for BAV. BA does not have any 737 NG's however the Cost Index for all of BA's 737 are 28. So at BAV we use 28 also for the PMDG 737 NG as it is the best and closest that there is. Hope that Helps.

Guest markyp

ok cool on the cost index.What about reserve, taxi and the assumed air temp in the fmc??I would love to know this?Thanks againMark P

assuming Jar-OPS:general fuel requirements:1) Start-up & taxi fuel: equals the ramp fuel minus take off fuel (a 737 classic uses roughly 11kg/min for taxi, the APU burns about 115 kg/hour .. i assume values for the NG won't be to far off)2) Trip fuel: fuel for take-off, climb, cruise climb (if necessary), cruise, descent, instrument approach and landing plus taxi at destination AD3) contingency fuel: fuel for unexpected circumstances and usually calculated as a percentage of trip fuel4) alternate fuel: fuel for the go-around after the missed appr, climb to alternate cruise level, descent to holding pattern and to the instrument appr and landing plus taxi at the alternate ad5) final reserve fuel: fuel needed for 30 minutes holding at 1500 ft AGL at holding speed6) extra fuel at pilots discretionknowing this, fuel requirements for flights where a destination alternate is required:a) fuel from departure to destination, destination to alternate + 30 minute holding at 1500ft + contingency (f.e. 5% of trip fuel)or:( fuel from departure to alternate + 30 min holding at 1500ft + contingency, total fuel must be not less than fuel needed for departure to destination plus 2 hrs cruisefuel requirements when destination alternate is not required:a) fuel needed from departure to destination (VMC expected) + 30 minutes holding at 1500ft + contingency:( fuel needed from departure to destination (isolated) + 2 hrs cruiseNo destination alternate is needed when the duration of the flight (less than 6 hours) and the prevailing meteo conditions are such that there is a reasonable certainty that during the period 1 hour before to 1 hour after ETA, the approach and landing can be made in VMC, and that there are 2 suitable runways available; or the aerodrome of intended landing is isolated and there is no suitable alternate.hope this gives you some insight in fuelplanning .. for exact numbers you'll need to consult planning charts for the type of acftregards,Jan

Guest tmetzinger

Talking with a dispatcher friend of mine (in the US the dispatcher does all the flight planning and fuel planning - the pilots review and modify), for the NGs they normally plan:Start-up through Taxi = 600-2000 lbs depending on airport and conditions (sometimes you can be waiting 30 min after pushback and taxi for take off if it's a busy time at Newark)Holding - at least 30 min, sometimes as much as one hour if airways are likely to be congested.Reserve - minimum of 45 minutes at normal cruise flows.Then the captain will review and they will jointly modify it if needed.One thing that comes up nowadays with higher fuel prices is that airlines can find it cheaper to tanker fuel on their "spoke" flights that start and end at their hubs. So for instance, on a Continental flight from Cleveland to Milwaukee to Cleveland, the flight would be dispatched with enough fuel to get to Milwaukee and come back, rather than buy fuel in Milwaukee.I highly recommend FSBuild2, as it does very good fuel planning, and has very good models for the NGs. Flying online, particularly during VATSIM events is good practice, as holding is almost guaranteed.Best Wishes