Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Airport Active Runways

Does anyone know how to alter the active runway used by AI traffic at a given airport?

download AFCAD, then once you have AFCAD, go and download the Airport Overlays, you can find them both at AVSIM and FLIGHTSIM.COM in the download section! The Airport overlays enables you to use multiple runways. For example all 4 runways at KLAX are being used 7L for departure 7R for arrival/6R for departure 6L for arrival in my Flight Simulator, AFCAD and the overlays add realism and they help with traffic congestions!

Guest gasebah

Hi,open the airport with AFCAD. If e.g. you have two runways FS2002 will use the longer one of the two for arrival and departure. Highlight it with a mouseclick. Make sure to highlight the whole runway, not a taxiway. Rightclick and open the proprties of the runway. You will now see a lot of different options for that runway. For both ends of the runway you can issue restrictions. Choose closed for both ends. Now the runway is closed for departures while FS2002 will still use this runway for arrivals. Departures are automatically redirected to the other (shorter) runway. Save the airport and answer the appearing prompt with "yes".There are more possibilities and other things you can try, but start with what I described above and see if it works.Alex

Alex,with the newest AFCAd (1.2 I believe) you can choose to close a runway for landing and for take-off.this makes you don't have to play any-more with runway length,just check it out

Guest gasebah

OOOps. I missed that.Thx a lot,Alex