Sign in to follow this  
dude6595

VC and beacon...

hi, love the 747 good work just as your 737NG which i paid for when first out. 2 little problems i have with the 747 and i did a quick search but i didnt find anything to help. When im in the VC the displays are black and im not sure if there is a way to turn them on or its a problem. Also i dont see a beacon light flashing on the plane. thanks for any helpMike

Guest SteveK

>hi, love the 747 good work just as your 737NG which i paid>for when first out. 2 little problems i have with the 747 and>i did a quick search but i didnt find anything to help. When>im in the VC the displays are black and im not sure if there>is a way to turn them on or its a problem. Also i dont see a>beacon light flashing on the plane. thanks for any help>>MikeMike,Ever since I got this plane, only a day after release, I have not had this problem. Just a few questions;1: Do you have power turned on, ground power, APU, etc.2: Have you aligned your IRS correctly.3: Can't think of any reasons why you can not see your beacon. You are viewing the plane in external view right?I would suggest sending an email to PMDG's support email address, and maybe giving them more details than this, and not forgetting to quote your PC specs, as this is very important to problem solving.Hope you get sorted with this Mike,Cheers,

yeah i have done everything right. power all that stuff. 2d everything is fine so i dont know, i sent an email to PMDG so i hope they have some insight to this

DOH!!!!just got the 744F hoping to fix the problem but nope! still nothing...dang this bites....anyone else have any insite?? i have even got a new video card and still nothin!mike

Hi Mike,Your displays may be black for a number of reasons:1) You have a display failure set in the PMDG Options menu. Make sure it is cleared.2) You have improperly powered up your aircraft. Please consult the manual for the correct procedures.3) Your product is not properly validated. If this is the case, please contact PMDG customer support at support@precisionmanuals.com.As for the beacon, please ensure that in Options>Display>Hardware, you have "hardware rendered lights" set to 8.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

hey, all that is good, i have done it all right, the displays are fine on 2d panel...also i noticed today if i switch from windowed to full screen, the FMC on the captains side does show, but i must switch modes and its the only one to show.