Sign in to follow this  
Guest jps611

Need PDMG 747---FMC Help-Help- Help!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jps611

Is there a tutorial that explains how to set up the FMC on the 747. I do not mean something that explains what each button does, but an in depthlesson on setting everything up.I have flown this plane eigth times now and have NOT been able to install my flight plans When I click "nav data" I get nothing. I know the flight plans are there, but, they do not show up with "nav data".I have NOT been able to intercept the localizer either. When I check the runway that I what, no frequency is shown. When I try to manually input the freq, I get "incorrect nav data".I give up. If I do get the hang of this FMC, this 747 is coming off my hard drive and I am going back the default 747's. Very frustrating!!!!Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Guest ny_simmer

Just so you know, not signing your name is a no-no in this forum.The PMDG flight plans don't show up on the NAV DATA data page like the 737. You must enter it in the CO ROUTE LSK manually. Like KJFKEGLL if that was how it was saved. (I'm assuming from your post that you have saved flight plans that your trying to load.)As for the ILS, the 747 FMC automatically loads the frequency for the approach based on the runway selected in the flight plan - DEP/ARR. I don't think you can manually enter it. (someone correct me on this if it's incorrect)Don't get too frustrated. This is an excellent simulation but there is a learning curve. The default 747 is easy because it's not remotely realistic. Take the time to learn about this aircraft and you won't be disappointed.These things are well documented in the manual. Some friendly advice would be to give it read as it is interesting and would answer a lot of questions.Regards,Bob Quick

Guest lespindo

Yes!!! you can enter the ILS-MLS Manually and leave it in( PARK )Mode

Guest ny_simmer

Thanks for that correction Luis!Bob Q.

Guest jps611

I have no idea what you mean by "not signing your name is a no no".What does that have to do with the question? Please explain.Anyway, never mind. I figured it out. I now know how to input the flightplans. Still need to do an actual flight to test the ILS. Will post back.

Guest jps611

Success! I just did a beautiful flight. Loaded the flight plan and at destination, great ILS landing. I think I have the hang of it now. All is well.

And yet you still haven't managed to learn how to sign your name. ;)Good to see you got it figured out. :)

>As for the ILS, the 747 FMC automatically loads the frequency for >the approach based on the runway selected in the flight plan - >DEP/ARR. I don't think you can manually enter it. (someone correct >me on this if it's incorrect)Hi Bob and all,No, there is actually a solution on how to manually adjust ILS settings so that to command FMC to change from automatic ILS selection to manual one. The following format must be used to override PARK selection on NAVDATA page:FFF.FF/RRRwhere FFF.FF is an ILS frequency of the runway you're landing and RRR is the radial value (ILS bearing) for that runway. Eg., ILS frequency for runway 12L is 110.30 and runway heading (or radial) is 121 degrees. So, the correct input in the FMC's NAVDATA page (ILS section) would be:110.30/121 and the PARK will change showing data entered manually.Although this information is not provided in the PMDG 747 AOM, I found it in the manual for LDS 767-300. FInders keepers! :)Regardds,RustamBaku, Azerbaijan

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Guest D17S

Sounds like your about ready to start setting up your own flight plans with SIDs and STARS. I'm just starting that now. This is great fun so far. Had to work a bit this weekend (UGH), but had nothing to do but watch the airplanes land from my 'camp site' in the cockpit of an old DC8. I turned on the radios and listened to the ATC terminal approach guy. The approach names sounded familiar as he cleared folks into the terminal area. Had my laptop with me so I fired up the PMDG 747-400 and climbed into my virtual cockpit. I then pulled up PMDG's 747-400 FMC for a little flight planning. (FSnavigator was a BIG help too - with the export .dll, it ended up being just the ticket. But no cheating. It CAN be done with the airplane's FMC.) So there it was on the FMC's APP page: The STAR approach that ATC was using for just about everyone that was coming into the terminal area. I worked up a terminal approach using the STAR