Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTH

Creating flightplans?

Guest JTH

How do you create flightplans that will work with the PMDG 747? Whenever I use the FS2004 flight planner, the 747's FMC doesn't recognise the flightplan and therefore I can't have a realistic flight.I have FS Build v2.2 if that helps. Thanks a lot in advance for any assistance!

I will try to help but I'm kind of new to FSBuild myself.Open FSBuild and at the top of the page under export make sure you have FS2000/02/04 and PMDG 737NG checked.737 and 747 use the same files so there isn't an option for the 747.You may have to go where it says folder items on the left side of your FSBuild window and click on options and make sure you have the correct path pointing to your FS and PMDG folders.Seems like I had to do this.Now just enter your Departure and Destination airports and hit Auto Generate.When the program is finished you will get a pop up window called results showing your plan was created,where it was exported to and the name it was given.You should have two lines of text.One for FS and one for PMDG.For instance a flight from Chicago(KORD)to Los Angeles(KLAX)would be called KORD-KLAX.PLN in FS and KORDKLAX.rte in PMDG folder.You would then start FS and input KORDKLAX without the.rte under Co Route in your FMC and all legs and everything that was created in FSBuild should be there.You can now go into FS flight planner and click on load.Under Flight Plan Files you should see the KORD-KLAX flight plan.Load this plan and now your FMC and FS ATC should have the same routing and you are ready to fly.If not maybe myself or someone with more knowledge on the subject can further assist you.Michael

Guest JTH

I just tried that and unfortunately it didn't work.When I select FS 00/02/04 and PMDG 737NG and try to build a flightplan, I get an error saying that FS Build can't write the FS Flight Plan and can't write the PMDG FMC .rte file. When I set it to create just the PMDG flightplans, I get the PMDG error again. I've set the correct path for the PMDG folder in FS Build's options but this hasn't solved the problem.Can anyone help or indeed tell me about any other program that would work?Thanks a lot once again...

And you have it set to the correct FS folder.Mine is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9.I was getting the same errors as you and it was because I didn't have the correct path to one or both folders.Michael

Guest Rh92887

If that doesn't work, I guess the next step is fsbuild forums, but I'm almost positive that its a path problem.

To get the plans exported to the correct places in FSBuild, you must go into the options section on the menu tree and select the path to flightsim. Once you have saved that, then go into the menu and tick each of the add-ons you want the plan exported too.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

From the problem I had: after setting the path and other settings, you need to get out of FSBuild, then re-start it to get the changes in effect.Hope it helps.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest JTH

Thanks to everyone for their help. I reset the pathway and restarted FS Build and now it works!

Guest Andalouse

hello,i have also that problem. but not with fsbuild. I always use fsroute.com i cant load the routes they provide. I also cant load the routes provided with my 747-400. i also wnated to load a road manuelly and even that didn't work. after a some waypoints he said invalid entry the route was....SBPL DCT PTL UW13 FLZ UN741 ROSTA UN749 XERES UM420 STG UN741 MOKOR UN873 OBATO UL976 VADOM UN858 TSU UM163 MMD DCT ELLXcan anybody help me?greetings Nick and how long before the freighter is there? :-)

Guest stockerharris

Nick,For what it is worth, I can confirm that you have a valid flightplan. It builds correctly in FSBuild and loads into the 747 FMC using 05/13 data.Are you using the latest update from navdata?David.

Guest Andalouse

yes, i use the 0513. Fsroute.com uses the latest info in that and also http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ that i use to create a route.but now i want it to load it in the fmc for the 747 but that works normally when i do this manually but not for this one. and the flights are rather long so i want an easier way.I think i have to buy FSbuild.... :-(