Sign in to follow this  
Guest janswinnen

B737NG and DME-arcs in the FMC?

Guest janswinnen

Hello,I wonder if anyone could tell me whether or not it is possible to program a DME-Arc around a VOR in the FMC of a B737NG (600/700 or 800/900)?And if the answer to that is yes, how do i go about it? I can't seem to find this in any of the manuals that are available for download on the PMDG website.Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer.Jan Swinnen

Yep!Here's how:You need to create a series of custom place/bearing/distance waypoints around the VOR. So, lets say it's a 17nm arc around VOR (use the real name of course) that starts at the 090 radial and ends at the 130. You'd input these fixes into the LEGS page:VOR090/17VOR100/17VOR110/17VOR120/17VOR130/17VOR140/17The FMC will connect the points every 10 degrees into a smooth curve.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest janswinnen

Oh thanks, that is very helpful, i should have thought of that, that will work, of course.