Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

B737NG-800 - Landing lights

Guest franksalot

I'm finding the B37NG-800 landing lights are far too bright; it's difficult to see rwy exits never mind the taxiways (at night ). Can these lights be dimmed, say via the aircraft.cfg file, if so how?Any help will be much appreciated.KenSomerset, Englandps. I know about flying in the daytime :) - my VA schedules often get me 'flying' at night.

Guest franksalot

Can I assume that nobody has the answer to my query. Although I don't have a clue how to solve the mystery of how to dim the landing lights of the PMDG B737NG-800; I suspect it's hardly rocket science for someone at PMDG. Sorry it's not a B747 question, but you have to take the 'rough with the smooth' sometimes chaps. Even a "We don't know" would be nice, at least it would boost my ego :)Ken

There was/is a file you can DL at Avsim. I can't recall the name for it though.

Turn the landing lights off after the landing. Then just use the taxi lights. The taxiways show up much better that way.

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Ulf I see you have been given sites to change your lights already. However in the RW after Landing in all the planes I have been in and in all the landing Videos I have seen the Pilot always turn off the landing lights and switch on the taxi lights before leaving the runway to taxi to stand. Hope that helps.

Guest franksalot

Many thanks for all your replies, I have followed up one of the links and installed new lighting, which works very well. In addition, as I was on Approach to LHBP (Ferihegy) Airport this afternoon, it was getting dark, the thought struck me that I should try turning off the landing lights after touchdown to see what would happen; lo and behold turning onto the taxiway was perfect as was the trip round to the Terminal. An additional bonus was to see the taxi lights move round with the rudder inputs, great stuff. The whole scenario will be enhanced now with my new lighting. Turning off the landing lights, I note, was suggested by Andrew and Bob - so I would have got there in the end anyway. so thank you for that gentlemen.Ken