Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

Step Climb Query

Dear Captains,Forgive the ignorance if this query is simplistic, or has already been covered.My query relates to the VNAV Page 2. I've entered a step climb of 2000 and the FMC calculates the nautical miles appropriately for my step climb (e.g.: from FL290, Step To FL300 at 110 nm). A very strange thing happens soon after that when it comes to say, 62 nm before my step climb: the step climb does not seem to go down after that, and it fluctuates from 62, to say, 80nm. And, the "fuel at destination" number is constantly fluctuating.Would someone be so kind to tell me what I am doing wrong? Regards,Tom

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Tom not sure about what you need exactly. Have you tried this after setting FL in the VNAV page you must also change the FL on the MCP then exec. Mine also fluctuates until I have made the FL change. Hope that helps if not im sure someone will have another answer.

Hi Andrew,Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have annunciated it on the MCP, and it reflects the same on FMC. But I can tell you that it still fluctuates. Also, can this be related, but sometimes, I only see the "Calculated" fuel on PROG-2 page, and do not see the totalizer. Why do you think that is?Thanks,Tom

Guest Senior Captain

Hi Tom im in flight now and im unable to get my plane to show what yours is doing. My calculated and my totalizer are both showing when I step climb sorry I cant give you a more detailed answer. I hope someone else here can help you out some more.

Guest morvious

Ive had it a few times, but that was before the update.Last 20 flights I am shure I never saw it again.Cheers,---------------Stefan van Hierden>|