Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Problem with 737

Well I am now having a problem with my 737 V speeds. They will not appear. I have followed loading a flight plan as I always did. Even started from scratch and placed the route very carefully exactly as it should. Still nothing. I did a search and founs somone had a problem awhile back but no resolution was offered. Can anyone think why this might be happening? The only thing I have done recently was update terminal procedures and Navdata to 0513.Thanks for any assistance

Guest Ohio330

Not sure what you mean by "they will not appear" Im assuming you mean that once you load the flight plan in the FMC, the V speeds are blank, causing you to re-enter them. Or do you mean you cannot physically enter the V speeds after you load the saved FP? If its simply not showing up with your previous V speed input from your saved flight plan, there is a simple reason. Flight plans do not save this info for a very good reason. Not every flight has the same variables (wind speed/direction) tarmac conditions (snow, wet) and these varibles (and more) need to be caculated prior to flight so you enter the correct v speed given the present conditions. See the manual for making all neccessary calculations for this.

No they do not appear after I load the flaps I am using in the takeoff page. In fact I went ahead and flew the flight and the approach page gave me a flaps 40 Vref of 215kts. I went back and tried again making sure of my weight, fuel was at 4000lbs. By the way the 747 has no issues.

The entering of V-Speeds needs to be the last step of FMC briefing after all other steps are completed since some steps during briefing can delete V-Speeds. When all is done goto InitRef/Index/Takeoff and LSK again the V-Speed settings. Be sure all EXECs have previously been completed. In other words, after setting up flaps earlier, you revisit the TAKEOFF page and reenter the speeds.Also remember that the V-Speeds do not appear until you LSK them and they will auto-update.I do this without any problems and before I did this I would have the same problem you note.My panels include the 800/900 update by the way.Doing V-Speeds last is SOP according to Mike Ray (United Airlines captain), author of the 700 series simming guide (www.utem.com) which has helped me further understand FMC and flight procedures.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am sure how to do it. I have had all versions of the 737 since release. For some reason I am having trouble. I think I may have to do a reinstall and see what happens from there.Again thanks for helping.

Andrew,Are you loading a Departure runway in the FMC? If you fail to load a Departure runway from the DEP/ARR page you won't get any V speeds after the 800/900 update.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Yes I am loading the dep runway. This is how I am doing it. as mentioned, No problems with 744, lds763 pss777. I have a feeling something has been lost and I need to do a reinstall.Dep runwayRTEArr runwayclose all discoperf (all fields filled in)Takeoff pageFlaps right lsk for vspeeds with no effectThanks

Andrew,Are you getting the Preflight complete message on the V speeds page? Also, have you tried a fresh install making certain that you download and run the PMDG removal tool first to see if that clears up the problem?RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg