Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainmk

More problems with the 737

Guest captainmk

I can't seem to make my own flight plans in the FMC, OK, I enter KJFK into the DEP (route) field, and it gives me an error. I don't know what to do, so I clear the message and enter KORD into the ARR field, I get another error. This does not happen in the 747 at all. It the pmdg 737 designed to be erronious? While I am having absolutely no severe problems with the 747, I am having lots with the 737!Anyway before I even started to use the PMDG 737 I installed all the AIRAC database and the SIDS and STARS from navdata.at but it still wont work. So anyway i go to see the sids and stars and there are none there, so I think to myself "lets just do some direct flight and just get this new bird flying" so I insert all the feul stuff and the flap settings and the speed settings and press the execute button. I then add the V2 speed to the mach/speed box and the runway heading in the heading box, 8000 in the altitude box.I then taxi to the runway. I turn autothrottle on and click on the N1 button, the plane starts to power up and accelerate. I pull back when it says 'rotate'. This is when the problem occurs. The nose doesn't stop going up! And after a few sections the nose is already up to 50 degrees or so and the plans starts to stall!How can i fix this plane?!

Guest Ohio330

Sounds like your rate of climb is set too high. The plane will lose speed trying to climb faster than it can, thence, when your airspeed drops..so does your plane. Could be other factors, but you havent provided enough info (V1, V2; vert climb setting, etc.) Could also be your thrust setting is too low (not enough thrust) or your flap setting is set too high for the speed your at during the climb. As far as the sids/stars..sounds like your attempting to enter it properly. Id verify you put the updated data files into the correct directory (this directory is a hidden file in FS9)...To check to see if the FMC is recognizing the updated sid/stars, just check the logon screen on the FMC..it should give the dates of the sids/star on the screen dates are Dec to Jan of this year. Im not at home to tell you the exact dates, but if its anything before November of this year the FMC didnt get the latest updates. Odd that your FMC didnt at least accept the airports you entered even though the files may have been old

Guest captainmk

Thanks. I have fixed the nose pitch problem. But since I have just turned off flight simulator I will check the FMC date later. I am having another problem with the guages and the autopilot this time. I managed to take off without any problem but it is when i am cruising that it gets really annoying. The guages do not update themselves quciky. Meaning, they're freezing for a fews seconds, and the autopilot is started to mess up ( i think, due to the freezing displays ). Sometimes it is stable and sometimes it isnt. During cruising, when I use time compression, the problems starts again, the plane climbs steeply for no apparent reason and it goes all over the place. The displays (including attitude, bank angle) all freeze for a few seconds and then update themselves, freeze again and bla blaand as this continues the plane is thousands away from its assigned altitude and I am having to take over and fly manually back to the right altitude. Right, another problem, how do I fix it?I am really really sorry for being such a moany pain but I didn't expected all these errors to occur when I bought this software. Nothing like this happens in the 747, so why in the 737, its even less advanced.

Guest Ohio330

>Thanks. I have fixed the nose pitch problem. But since I have>just turned off flight simulator I will check the FMC date>later. >>I am having another problem with the guages and the autopilot>this time. I managed to take off without any problem but it is>when i am cruising that it gets really annoying. The guages do>not update themselves quciky. Meaning, they're freezing for a>fews seconds, and the autopilot is started to mess up ( i>think, due to the freezing displays ). Sometimes it is stable>and sometimes it isnt. During cruising, when I use time>compression, the problems starts again, the plane climbs>steeply for no apparent reason and it goes all over the place.>The displays (including attitude, bank angle) all freeze for a>few seconds and then update themselves, freeze again and bla>bla Humm..this is a whopper. Somewhere under the drop down menu for PMDG there is a place where you can adjust the gauges refresh FPS (frames per sec) Guessing one of two things happening. 1. the FPS gauge display reresh setting is set too low, or 2. it is set to high and your machine is freezing for a second to reload the fresh data (meaning your exceeding your machines cability to refresh at those speeds) the manual states that one of the biggest performance issues come from how you set the gauage refresh selection. It is VERY rescourse intensive to refresh these guage displays. >>and as this continues the plane is thousands away from its>assigned altitude and I am having to take over and fly>manually back to the right altitude. Right, another problem,>how do I fix it? Not sure but im guessing the freeze ups are throwing the FMC into a tizzy>>I am really really sorry for being such a moany pain but I>didn't expected all these errors to occur when I bought this>software. Nothing like this happens in the 747, so why in the>737, its even less advanced. Not a pain..thats why this board was created. Ive only owned my PMDG 737 for two days. Ive printed out the entire manual and have been studying it. I do not, by any means, attempt to be a "know-it-all" but my answers to your questions came from knowledge that was in the manual. Im guessing that you got a real good feel for the 747 and it's characteristics, and now you are struggling to handle a different ride that doesnt handle the same. TIME COMPRESSION???? eee gads man. Its a wonder the FMC didnt catch fire!! You know how many calcualtions that poor thing is trying to do at NORMAL speeds, let alone compressed? Don't use time compression.

Guest captainmk

Ok, thanks for the information! I'll try changed the refresh settings. :)